Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I'M EXTENDING!


Just kidding;)

Hello everyone!!

hahah I probably got you good didn't I? I am my fathers daughter! Sorry for the heart attack mom..Love you:) What a week... 'Im a little flustered. I'm not gonna lie, so if this email is all over the place..oh well. How are you all doing!!!? Things have been going so great here. I got to give my first departing testimony to a group of over a hundred missionaries. It was pretty surreal. This has been a big week full of reflection and anxiety. haha one of the greatest tender mercies is that I feel so at peace with the work, I have done these past 18 months. I have officially pasted my 18th month mark and could not be more grateful for the week I have ahead of me.

Anna will be getting baptized on the 12th and confirmed the 14th. Wayne, her husband, has been free of tobacco ever since our sugar fast! He will be performing the baptism and the confirmation, as well as the blessing of his two children, Abbey and Everette. Wayne (the chicken murderer) bore his testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday and CRIED. Brother Wayne Marlatt cried everyone! I never thought this day would come. They truly are the best family in the whole world. They have been through so much and have come so far! They have a temple date set next year they will be coming down to SLC temple and get sealed as a family! Anna said she is already buying the  tickets so Wayne can't back out;) hahaha I will miss then terribly.

Miracle: My whole mission I have prayed for an investigator like King Lamoni's Father. The Lord answers prayers. This week a former investigator named Josh, called us this last week and asked if we could go meet him. We show up and he is a tattered mess. His eyes are blood shot from no sleep, and he hasn't eaten in days. His wife relapsed, took his two kids, told the police all these false things, and got him fired for it as well. The cops found evidence of her lies, but cannot find her or the kids. He was the most broken, humble man I have ever seen. We were able to read with him and teach about Christ Atonement. I asked how he was feeling and he said, "I feel peace for the first time in 9 days." I testified to him that it was the spirit. That is truly how God communicates to His children, If they will seek Him, and open their hearts. The spirit was so incredibly strong. With tears in his eyes, he said, "What can I do, to have this all the time. I will be baptized tomorrow if I can. Please, I need this." My heart was so full. It truly was a miracle. We put him on date to be baptized the 3rd of January, and he came to church yesterday and met with the bishop! He is on his way! I wish I could be there for his baptism, but I will be in spirit!:)

Wow, where to even begin to describe these past 18 months. There are no words. I have been stretched, I have been strengthened, I have been molded into a far better and happier person than I could have ever made myself. I will never go back, I will never digress. I know now, My will means nothing if it's not aligned with His. . Im so greatful for the Love He has put into my heart to do His work. My mission has provided pure evidence that He loves me and because of that I am able consecrate all to Him.

I would be lying if I said my mission has been comfortable, and for that I am truly grateful. It has pushed me to wholeheartedly rely on Him. THAT is the only reason I have seen any success miracles from my labor here. All good things come from Christ and I can testify that He is so Good. God is Good. He is Loving, He is Kind, and He is perfectly patient. His children have so many different paths and He will never force them to Choose the happier one. It's for us to find. I will testify with my whole heart forever, that Jesus Christ IS THE WAY. He has been with me this whole time, now I have the eyes to see Him.

My greatest hope is to share THAT gift with the world. From the hardest and happiest 18 months of my life, I can testify with my whole heart that there is no greater Joy.  My Savior Lives. His Gospel is back on the earth in it's fullness. We have a living, active, prophet to lead and guide us. Joseph Smith is my hero. I am living proof the the Atonement of Jesus Christ cleanses, strengthens, and heals. I will forever be about my Fathers business, this is only the beginning.

Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers. I am eternally grateful!
see y'all soon!

Love,
Sister Brooke Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment