Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sister Scott is an Auntie once again!!


 It is my honor.. NAY!..PRIVELEDGE! to announce that I shall now be known a missionary auntie scott! shout out to my new adorable nephew talon kade showgchrogchk .
 
Sorry for being so late ya'll but duty calls and I am on the lords errand! This has been an awesome week! So we had a huge mission conference with our president because he received some counsel from an apostle that our baptismal rates need to be doubled. That means each missionary needs to be baptizing WEEKLY. uuuuuh I don't know about you guys but I haven't been apart of a baptism since the first week I came into the field.... sooo I feel like the lord has just asked me to build a ship..in the middle of a dessert... that has just collapsed from an earthquake. Just as those thought entered my mind I felt the words "I don't need lamen and lemules..I need Nephi's." It was that moment on that I decided that I don't care what my worldly outlook on our situation might be but I will "go forward in faith" because the Lord has asked me to and that is all the reason I need to truly believe we can accomplish this. The Mission president then called in our district(which is the 5 couples of missionaries that serve in our valley area) and He said this standard will be implemented in the whole mission in the next year but for your district it starts now...My heart sunk then at the same time I felt the spirit so strongly that we are not doing this work alone. This is not me or my district hastening the work. This is truly the Lord that is behind it. Even if he asked us to triple or quadrouple the baptismal rate we could just because He id the one that has asked it! I have never felt the spirit so strong than when we were in that meeting and the president asked me to share my testimony of how the Lord has supported me.
nephi 17: 13 And I will also be your alight in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the bpromised land; and ye shall cknow that it is by me that ye are led"
 
This week I received some information about a man I was teaching in my first area. You might remember how frustrated I got with him and how stubborn he is! He is an atheist who's family are all members. He Had been meeting with us for weeks on end and I have never felt the spirit so strong while teaching then the lessons that we had with him! My companion would get so frustrated with me saying "we need to drop him, we need to drop him" But i felt so strongly that we needed to keep meeting with him just a little longer cause HE KNEW IT WAS TRUE!! He would believe all the lessons we shared and keep all the commitments but he would never admit He knew god was real. He is the only non member i know that has home teachers! ugh It was soo frustrating haha but the last lesson we had with him We gave him the ultimatum and he chose to stop meeting with us and I was completely crushed. I left that area feeling sick every time I thought about brother moore. This week I felt we needed to go to the church to check on this meeting. When we walked through the doors I saw Brother Price(brother moores home teacher) He said "Oh my goodness sister Scott! Im so glad I saw you! I have news about brother moore. He has been admitted to the hospital. They found 7 tumors in his head and gave him 8 weeks to live." Because of this he has decided to meet with the missionaries and desperately wants to be baptized! I was freaking out to say the least. He is paralyzed from the waist down so they are working on teaching him the discussions again and getting him ready for baptism! He keeps telling them he just wants an eternal family and how important this decision is! ugh I could not even tell you the feeling of peace that came over me. This was such a testimony builder to me that everything will happen in the lords timing. He is aware of all of His children and he has a specific plan for each of them, of that I have no doubt!
 
 50 And I said unto them: aIf God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.
 51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot ainstruct me, that I should build a ship?

Im workin on my tools to make a ship! Get ready Spokane. Ya..I'm pumped. I love being a missionary so much! Love you all have an awesome week!
-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment