Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving time be comin!


Hey y'all!
 
This whole eating thing is reeeally getting to be a trial of mine. This week I got to see brother moore be baptized!!!! Oh my goodness that was probably one of the most humbling experiences in my life. To see the man he was before and now is literally a night and day difference. He was so weak he could barely talk but before they took him away he called to me and sister hood to come over and see him. We knelt by his hospital bed and he grabbed my hand and said "thank you" I was just happy he remembered who i was but nothing could compare to that feeling. He was taken down into the baptismal font with 3 men carrying him on a chair. Me and sister Hood(my trainer) were hanging on the edge of our seats the whole time!! it was a liiiittle nerve racking! He came out glowing of course! He was talking more than he had been able to the past 2 weeks and he was smiling! BROTHER MOORE DOES NOT SMILE! it was a day of miracles indeed.
 
Another miracle! About 2 months ago we ran in to this lady named carla and she had just quit drinking and wanted to find a chruch to raise her daughters in. we set up a church tour and forgot to get her address! when she didnt show up to the church tour we were so sad we couldnt follow up with her! A week later we saw her walking and she got into her car too fast we couldnt talk with her! we look for her everytime we're in those apartments!(relevent for this next story)
 
So our investigator Angela hasn't been doing to well lately and we've been really really trying to find new investigators. We asked her if her has anyone she knows we could teach but Angela is rarely ever leaves her home unless she is going to see her mom but one day seh mentioned she had a friend that lives a few atp complexes over and for some reason I felt that it was HER that we needed to talk with. Angela said she had no idea which one she lived in so i just pushed away the prompting. The very next day we were looking in our potentials list and i felt we needed to go and see justin in apt #101. A little girl answered the door and Sister Johnson looks at me with big eyes and whispers "its carla! its carla!" She lets us in and tells us she was baptized at age 14 but has been inactive since. We share a lesson with her and her daughters and her 11 year old daughter was begging her mom to be baptized the whole time and she is The more we talked she told us there was a cute girl and her daughter they just recently started hanging out with named angela! MY MIND WAS BLOWN! Everything connected and i was just amazed we found her the very next day by planning to go to someone else! MIRACLES!
 
There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord is behind this work. There is absolutely no other way this could be accomplished. I will forever be greatful for the amazing things my Heavenly Fatehr is teaching me out here. I have never had to rely on my Savior the way i am out here and I have grown so much because of it! I will forever be greatful for His atoning sacrafice that gives me the capacity to change my very nature and become more! I Love living the gospel. There is no greater joy or happiness than doing the will of my Father in Heaven and inviting others to do the same!! I love you all sooo much and I hope you have an amazing thanksgiving! There is just so much to be greatful for! LOVE YOU ALL!!
-sister scott
 
"As we continue to live and act in this way, we then accumulate “a great cloud of witnesses”, which allows us to continue on with ever greater faith, in fulfillment of this wonderful admonition from the apostle Paul:"

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith.
(Hebrews 12:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment