Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Power of Prayer and HITTING THE MARK!!

Hello everyone!! Mini miracles: One day we had to leave our area to go teach this less active and her non member friend. We were already running late and forgot to call the elders to get permission to leave our area and go downtown. We pulled over to the side of the road right on our boundary line(we wanted to be exactly obedient ok?) and waited and waited for the elders to call us back. Finally I said "Ok sister, we need to pray. If we have sufficient faith, the spirit will prompt the elders to se there phone!" At the end of the prayer we get a call from Elder De Olivera saying "Hey is everything ok sisters? We were doing service for our neighbor and I got this strong feeling we needed to gte our phone in the house and call you." THE LORD ANSWERS PRAYERS! especially when you are exactly obedient:) Then one day me and sister Woodfield were giving a training and the video we planned to watch wouldnt work. I made everyone get on their knees right then and pray! haha In my prayer I asked according to our faith and His will to help the video to work so we could continue on with our training. The moment we said amen, we stood up and THE VIDEO WORKED! The Lord is so good. He is more than willing to help his children when they need Him. We just need to have the faith to see it! Something I have loved learning about with faith is that those is the scriptures see miracles and people healed from their faith. I have found it takes a lot greater deal of faith to NOT see those miracles tho. I often ask myself the question "Do you have the Faith NOT to be healed if its not the Lord will?" With that, the Lord is able to work a lot more through His children. This week we got to have interviews with our president. It's always good to see them! Sister Mullen is like my mother out here I love her sooo much. We could just talk for hours and hours about the gospel. She is so knowledgeable! She makes me want to be a mission presidents wife so i can study the characteristics of all the missionaries and completely figure out the human brain and the gospel at the same time! haha SHE IS INCREDIBLE! She has taught me soo much about how the gospel relates back to everything. One thing we talked about in our interview was how in order to progress we need to set a goal to reach for. One that will make us stretch. I'm seeing how the weight of the world can pull you to extreme that make you miss the "mark". Right now I'm just focusing on hitting the mark at all times. The mark is the Lords Will. No matter what banner i set for myself as long as i am progressing i can KNOW that my Father in Heaven is proud of me and i can find joy in that! My time here is so precious to me and I want to do ALL that I can, as hard as I can, for as long as I can. I don't want to waist a single second out here, but even that can push me to go beyond the mark. I know my Heavenly Father wants nothing less then for me to find joy so my focus is to not run myself into the ground but continually do all in my power, then give the rest to the Lord. Joseph Smith words ALWAYS bring me peace:) "Therefore dearly Beloved brethren, Let us CHEERFULLY do all that lie in our power, then may we stand still with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God and for His arm to be revealed" Standing still is different then doing nothing. Its having a confidence that as you do your best, His grace will enable you to hit the mark every time. We don't need to look to the world for approval or support, that is by far the fastest way to depression and emptiness. We must all "look to God and live". His love fills you perfectly every time! I'm living proof of that! This truly is His work and it cannot be frustrated by man! I'm learning a lot about relying upon the Lord for ALL I do, cause i know that's the only way to be successful. When I take it on myself, I gets heavy. With Him, my yoke is light and easy to bear:) I challenge you all to rely upon the Lord or ALL you do! Not just in the hard times but in the good times as well. its in those moments that we think we don't, that we truly need Him the most. I love you all sooo much!! Pray, read and share the gospel!!!:) -sister scott ps: shout out to the greatest father of all time HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD!!!!!! no one in the whole world could have prepared me better for this time than you have. I reflect back to our "coffee talks"(life talks) ALL THE TIME! and every time I drink my herbal tea I think of you and get stoked thinking about our Isaiah marathons and deep doctrine studies with you when I'm home! there has been countless times that advice you have given me throughout the years has blessed the lives of so many I have taught out here including mine. You are my hero and my best friend. I LOVE YOU DAD! Me and My Best friend and Companion doing what we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment