Sunday, June 8, 2014

Year Mark!!

Hello everyone! Not a lot of time to write!! But I just want to share my testimony:) I hit my year mark this week in the 5th and I honestly could never expected how incredible my mission has been. It feel completely humbled as I look back on what the Lord has made of me in just a year. I will never be the same and I hope i never am! Every day the Atonement is changing me, and every day I understand I little more who I am and who my Father in Heaven is. I am a living testimony that He lives. I know that the knowledge of His gospel is what enables us to obtain all He has to offer and words cant even describe what that will be:) I love my brother Jesus Christ and I will continue to give all I am to Him and His work until He says the work is done! I want to share these scriptures and pard of Elder Bednars talk. Its changed so many lives of the people I've come to know and love and changed mine in the process! “And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he wil ltake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. “And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities” (Alma 7:11–12). Thus, the Savior has suffered not just for our sins and iniquities—but also for our physical pains and anguish, our weaknesses and shortcomings,our fears and frustrations, our disappointments and discouragement, our regrets and remorse, our despair and desperation, the injustices and inequities we experience, and the emotional distresses that beset us. There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul orheartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortalitythat the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we maycry out, “No one knows what it is like. No one understands.” But the Sonof God perfectly knows and understands, for He has felt and borne ourindividual burdens. And because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice (seeAlma 34:14), He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm ofmercy. He can reach out, touch, succor, heal, and strengthen us to bemore than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could neverdo relying only upon our own power. Indeed, His yoke is easy and His burden is light. I know with my whole heart that THAT is true. I see it every day. I have such a fire burnng in me for this work. Be apart of it! Love you all!! have a good week! -sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment