Friday, August 15, 2014

14 monther!!

Hello everyone!! What an incredible week. Dont even know what to start..how about tuesday. Ok. So Tuesday was my 14 month mark...gross. Ok so I got to go to MLC my favorite meeting ever and see sister woodfield and all my other missionary firends! They are such a strength to me everytime I see them. After there was a recent convert named JD that drove all us missionaries to a park in spokane (crawling with homless people). I was nervous at first but later (thanks to the spirit) decided to give them our left overs and share the gospel with them! They were so appreciative and sweet. All the fear I had before completely left as i approached them with the mindset of sharing th gospel. Missionary work has an incredible way to flip your mindset upside down and help you see everyone the way God sees them. I'm working a lot of swollowing up my fear in the Love of the Lord. If there is one thing im cherishing out here, it's feeling this overwhelming feeling of love for all of God's children. That more than anything helps me to know what to say and do to help them to Christ. One person that has changed my life is Kayla and her son Jayden. Since all my emails blurr together im not sure how much i've told you about her but we have been teaching her since end of april and took a two week break because of fiance issues. Im am glad to say her relationship is dunzo and we are now teaching her again! there has been a change in Kayla this past week that i cant even describe! She has been through all the lessons but for the first time the Atonement has clicked in her life! She gets it! She now knows that she needs to change and let go of the tools the advarsary keeps throwing in her path to distract her. I always turn to Jayden in the lessons because he gives the most profound answers ever. I asked him "Why do you think God sent His son to the earth?" from the mouth of a 6 yr old with no religious backround, "Because He's can help us, He knows the way back home to God and we need to follow Him." From the Mouth of babes my firends..mouth of babes. HE IS AMAZING! She has commited to stop smoking and that she willnow make her house " a house of prayer, a house of fasting, and a house of God" which is usually so cluttlered we need to puch the garbage aside to make a little spot of the floor for us to sit for the lessons. WE CLEANED IT ALL THIS WEEK! Holy smokes that place is a home now. At the end of the cleaning, we gathered ina circle and said a prayer over the house. In my prayer I asked for the spirit to be able to abide there and protect her and Jayden and as we opened our eyes the dogs (that were running around chasing eachother, biting, barking, and clawing everything in sight) were on the floor completely still and asleep. Kayla looked at me and whisperd "this has never happened before!" "do you feel that?" i asked her. she said "it's the sprit! He's here now!" I just about burst into tears. Yes He is kayla! Yes He is! From the Help of the Lord we had 8 Investigators in church yesterday and 3 less actives including Kayla and Jayden!! The Lord is so good. I couldnt be happier right now. I love this Gospel and My Savior more than I could ever type in words! I pray that We can continure to draw closer to Him each and everyday. Hei is the way! I love you all so much! Have a great week and bless those around you!:) -sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment