Friday, August 8, 2014

Nothing like a temple trip with family!

8/04/14 Hellooo everyone! Wow, It has been one amazing week. SO we got to go to the temple this last thurday and it was seriously one of the best days of my whole mission. The Furnells(my ward mission leader's family) drove us there and it was seriously just amazing! If I were to list he greatest person who has impacted my mission and my life I would hands down say Brother Furnell. He takes care of us like we are his own- and even more so haha we joke with his son that if his room is cleared out one day, he'll know why! He has us over all the time for discussions, planning, and just this past sunday he invited us over to have a special fast to add more people to out teaching pool, then shares a spiritual thought with US! seriously as a missionary you are SO use to going from house to house teaching, and tesifying, and inviting, and there is no greater feeling then when someone says "You sisters just sit back, I have a lesson I would like to share with you". Its so great cause that's only happened once! With him! haha so after we got to Spokane he surprised us all by picking up sister Gosdis in belle terre (she was in Lewiston ysa), sister Woodfield (my last comp), and sister Gardiner (she served in lew ysa too), and we all went to lunch!!! It was like hanging out with my mom, dad and best friends! It was the weirdest feeling I have ever had in my life! But that was seriously such a tender mercy. I have been amazed with the miracle of fasting. The past 3 sundays, getting investigators to church had been REAALLY tough. We had 1 maybe 2 per week and out main investigators had been struggling SOO so much. Kayla mainly, I swear, she gets attacked directly from the adversary EVERY Saturday morning. The Dog bites the kid, the clothes aren't dry, the car is broke, family crisis, alarm stopped working, YOU NAME IT I've heard it. We stopped by her house this sun morning and she was no where to be found. NOOO! (i thought) she needs to come this sunday or she can't be baptized on her date! So after we had done all in our power to get them there I got down on my knees and had a good long chat with Heavenly Father, I said "Ok now, I have done all in my power to get your children to church. If anything is about to break loose I beg of you to hold it together. Help them find there way to church today Heavenly Father, If there is anyone who can get them here it's you. If it is your will, I know you will." I heard a great quote this week something along the lines of, "Faith isn't knowing that God can do something, It's knowing He will." sure enough, Kayla, her son Jayden, and her cousin (new investigator!) come walking in. they got to here me bear my testimony and I see sweet little Jaydens head pop up and smile! Then 3 more investigators come in! It was amazing! The Lord always provides! I could never describe how greatful I am to be here. I love my mission, I love these people, I love my savior, and I love the person he is helping me become. His atonement it so real. I bear testimony that it is true. I know it with my whole heart and soul! -I love you all have a great week and do lots of missionary work!:) sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment