Saturday, September 27, 2014

Yet another transfer begins!


Hi!!!!
   Last night we got our transfer calls! IM HEADED TO POST FALLS!! Im excited. This should be an adventure. That place should be getting snow within the next month or so and I'M ON BIKE!!! WAhooooo. For real tho, I love biking. Dont care if it's in the snow. 
Best service of my whole mission. We were called into the Fair to help with the quilting section and since it was full they sent us to baked goods section under TASTE TESTING. Yeah, I had 3 strait hours of eating nothing but cakes, cookies, breads, YOU NAME IT. They had to role me out of that place by the time I was done. It was great.

Had a crazy night with Kayla last night, helping her with everything she is going through. Having to say bye to her this morning was probably the saddest moment of my mission! I'm going to miss her and little Jaiden so much. I cant even describe the difference the Gospel has made in her life. I've gotten to see so many different ways of living on my mission and each situation has strengthened my testimony of the Gospel and Christ as our center! It continues to amaze me how empty and unfulfilled life truly is without living His teachings. As a missionary you can only HOPE and PRAY your investigators will come to see that for themselves. Being a new member is rough. Satan attacks you left and right! I was terrified last night of the thought of her falling away. So this morning I read with her Alma 23 about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis and how they "buried their weapons of war".
Alma 23: And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren,according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them—yea, say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed intheir preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away.
Conversion includes conscious decision to give up one’s former ways and change to become disciple of Christ. I told her that her old ways and habits are her weapons and that when she was baptized she made a promise give them to the Lord and follow Him. I have seen Satan these last weeks doing all he can to dig those things up and make her forget where true happiness comes from. Thanks to the amazing spirit that taught her this morning she is back on track!!! We have set goals and plans to get her to the temple and she just cried when I got to explain to her that thanks to the gospel, we never have to say goodbye. We can just say see you later:) I will do all in my power to see her in the temple doors. I know she'll make it.
Best quotes from this week:
Dave- "Every time I read the Book of Mormon, my cravings go away. It's the darndest thing!"
hahahah Dave, HE IS BEING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!! Im torn I cant see him, but im just happy he's getting in the water!
Lori- Her and sister Chambers(a less active) spent ALL day calling and visiting their friends to find someone to bring to "invite a friends to church day" They were distraught they couldnt find someone, It was hilarious. In the middle of our lesson she says ""I GOT IT!" pulls out her phone and says "Shelly girl! im pickin yo up tomorra. WE GOIN TA CHURCH! " and hangs up. THATS is was i call missionary fire!! 
Lori's other amazing comments "Sisters, I have an addiction and cant sleep now because of it, i READ MY PREACH MY GOSPEL!" she says she cant stop still like 1 am hahah she is amazing.
David (a Mennonite) after teaching him the Restoration.."So are you telling me, that this is the only church on the earth with the fulness of Christ Gospel?" "Yes Dave, that is exactly what we're telling you"..him "Well......you have my interest. that's for sure" hahahaha best lesson ever.

This gospel is so true. I cant even begin to describe the Joy It has brought me. Lewiston is the promise land but I've found it truly doesn't matter where I am. I'm on His errand, and He is where I find home. I have found such a peace being about my Fathers business and I will continue to Let my Love for Him and His gospel drive me to do all I do!
"All things work together for good, to them that love God, to them that are called according to His work"

Love you all! Be about your Fathers business!!
-sister Scott

Saying Goodbye to Kayla!

No comments:

Post a Comment