Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I do not possess the power of healing....


OOOh boy, Get ready for this one,

Hellooo family and friends! So Post Falls, where do I start? Its a dream. I love it here! Its hard not knowing anyone but literally what keeps me going (besides the atonement) is BIKING!! Its is my all time favorite thing and we get the car 1 out of the 7 days in this area so I get to do A LOT of it! The Lord threw a bit of wrench into the game plan this week haha but I can tell you, He has taught me SO MUCH from it. I got in a bit of an accident. uuhh I fell off my bike. YES I KNOW, im embarrassed ok? Don't want to dwell to much on it but I will tell you the awesome story that unfolded because of it!

So me and my sweet new companion, Sister Shelton, are biking to an appointment(she is a speed demon I tell ya) So we're wizzing around this corner and next thing I knew I met this beautiful curb that threw me over my handle bars into a bush... She saw the whole thing and said I was quite graceful, I might add. My bike came with me and gave me quite the gash on the knee. I rolled over into the dirt and pine needles and couldn't move my left leg. (Miracle#1 for the first time this spring I decided to wear tights and if I didn't I would've gotten dirt and pine needles all in a cut). Luckily I always carry my handy dandy pocket knife of my and cut open my tights to see blood and flesh and gross stuff. It didn't hurt (Miracle# 2) Until my adrenaline started to wear off and the 20th member we called didn't answer! Finally a member stopped by with a truck (miracle #3) To take me to the Urgent care. coincidence? I think not. I don't think I have ever prayed that hard In my whole life. The Lord was teaching me a lot about faith, and I would be lying to you if I told you I didn't try to give myself blessing of healing. I guess my Faith isn't that of the prophets of old, But im sure He loved the fact that I tried. haha

As I drove to the Urgent care I kind of had a wrestle with God. I asked Him "WHY? I know there is a purpose to all things but out of all the things in my mission to take away right now, why do you have to take biking!? That is how I can find people to teach, I just want to do your work! Why can't I just do that?" and for the first time I felt this incredible peace come over me like, "Sister Scott, If you will have faith, You will understand that you ARE doing my work." I couldn't understand it or explain but from that moment forward I decided to Let my will go and accept whatever the Lord has planned from this. I repented for my fear and asked Him to help do what He needed me to do today.

With a new sense of purpose and peace I looked for every circumstance in which I could share the gospel. I prayed and prayed He would provide someone for me to teach out of this and sure enough my nurse sits me down and shuts the door, she says, "Ok so now that I have you cornered, I've always wanted to know, what is the difference between your church and other denominations?" I almost laughed out loud it was too perfect. I got to teach her the whole restoration while she was cleaning my wound! hahah I was interrupted half way through Joseph Smiths first vision (danggit), but I grabbed a Book of Mormon from my companion and wrote my testimony and other notes in it every chance I got! until someone else would come in.

 Finally my nurse Practitioner came is and started to sew me up. For some reason the spirit was so incredibly strong. I asked her "So do you believe in God?" and she said "Oh yes, hunny, Im a born and raised Catholic. Not practicing tho" And our conversation just sky rocketed from there! She shared with me some deep personal stories about questions in doctrine she has always had and I got to read to her in the Book Of Mormon to answer her questions! She would occasionally look up from her sewing job and say "Wow that was beautiful, what verse is that?" and I expounded on the story of Alma and Amuleck and the question of why do bad things happen to good people. and How God DOES answer our prayers when we ACT in faith(ether 12:27). The most amazing part was when she told me of a dear friend she studies with for years In doctor school that died on the surgeons table and how it shook her beyond her faith and career. I read with her Alma 40:11-12 and told her where her friend was and It was probably the most sacred teaching moment of my whole mission. I prayed she would keep putting in stitches so we could keep taking but she finished after 8. hahah

At the very end She asked me if there was anything I needed to tell her before she left. I looked down at the Book of Mormon I had been scribbling in earlier and realized, EVERY chapter we went over are the ones I marked before she even came into the room. I realized it was for her all along. I said "Yes, can I leave this with you?" She took it from my hand and gave me the biggest smile and said, "You know, I think you were meant to meet me today, thank you." AAAAH it was the best feeling In the entire world!!

If there is one thing the Lord had taught me its that, No I do not know the meaning of all things, But this I do know without a doubt in my heart, that God LOVES HIS CHILDREN.

I cant begin to explain how Much the Lord had taught me about faith these last few days. But I testify that if we will Just "trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not to our OWN understanding and acknowledge Him in ALL we do, He will direct our paths". He has done it so many times for me and I know He can do it for each of you. He Lives. He loves you, and all He wants is for you to learn of Him. Live His gospel, do His work, and feel for yourself His love and share it with all those you come in contact with! I'm so grateful for each of you who continues to do that for me. Keep the Faith! I love you all!!
-sister scott
Sorry, but I had to post it!
Merely A flesh wound... The work of God shall not be Frustrated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment