Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Sister Call!! Great Lessons on Faith.


Hey everyone!!
 
               Wow I love Spokane. we went on a hike today in 9 mile falls (aka the boonies) and I literally felt like I was a vampire in twilight. It was sooo beautiful! Today is my companions birthday so I woke up and made her a 3 course breakfast(no big deal) and a banner that says happy birthday! the only down side is I was making it In the dark and as I turned over the letters to tape the backs together in a banner, I didn't recognize It taped it backwards....so We wake up the morning to a giant banner that says yadhtrib yppah..... yep not my brightest moment BUT HEY its the thought that counts.
               SO this weeks miracle I wasn't gonna tell you cause I was terrified I was crazy and it wouldn't work out but of course with the Lord proves to me over and over how much he truly is behind this work. So as we were planning and setting goals for how many lessons we should get this next week we were both super down cause Its been really slow. .so "other lessons" are random contacts from trackting or on the street that you 1) teach a gospel principle 2) share a scripture 3) and close with a prayer. its pretty hard in this area cause some flee you like the plague..So we average about 4- 6 other lessons a week and as we're praying I have a strong feeling we need to double it to 12. My companion thought I was seriously going crazy.. I did too. It was just such a strong prompting that I said "the lord wants 12 lessons and I know he will provide it! just trust me lets write it down." The first day we got none. I was sick. but I knew that completing this goal needed to come from us working as hard as we can and having the faith that it would happen. We fasted for faith and the next day we had 3!!(This isn't including our less active and investigator lessons) the week continued to put TONS of people in our paths willing to read the book of Mormon! We ended up having 13 other lesson this week!! I was amazed at how easily it was to fulfill our goal just from simply asking the Lord to prepare the people in our path.My testimony has grown so much in how essential the spirit is. Its what draws people to this gospel because that feeling is almost tangable if you let it be.  I cant even describe the feeling of sharing this amazing message about the gospel to complete strangers and then as we ride away I shake me head and saying "that was not me sharing that lesson. The spirit taught them something I did not say" its ALL the spirit. If we are willing to just "open our mouths, they shall be filled" as it promises in d&c.
               Asking Heavenly Father for help is sooo important.  I never knew something that simple would have such a HUGE impact but of course it does! this is His work! Heavenly Father is more than willing to help us achieve our richeous desires. All we need to do is "ask and we shall recieve" He wants to be apart of our lives daily to let us know we aren't going through life alone. Its experiences that have pushed me to act in faith where I truly feel closest to my Savior. Its amazing how much He blesses us when we are willing to sacrifice something so small and act in faith. Many of us would look at the red sea and say "open sesamie" hoping it will split but the lord knew that Moses had that assurance and Faith to STEP into the water and command it to move. When we go forward in like having that faith and assurance that Heavenly Father is behind us He will continuially show us over and over that He is. He's done this for me every day of my mission. I'm just sad it took me this long to recognize how close He truly is. I love you all and hope you can feel Your Heavenly Fathers hand in you life everyday! He love you and so do I!! Have a great week I'll see ya'll soon!
-Sister scott


No comments:

Post a Comment