Monday, September 16, 2013

First Week Being a new Trainer!


Hello everyone!:)
Wow...I dont even know where to begin. This week has been crazy! Sweep training is really hard. haha if there is one this I could say to sum up the only reason how I made it throught its..atonement! Its amazing how when times get really hard is where I see my greatest miracles! Sister Johnson my new companions is a sweet heart from bountiful utah (just like sister call) and we get a long great! New missionaries always bring miracles cause they have such a perfect brightness of hope and Joy about everything! Not like Im tainted or anything..But it has pushed me to be SUCH a better missionary because everything I do she absorbs. now I know why they call being a trainer a mother.
Shelly MIRACLE!
   One beautiful thursday night me and my companion Sister Johnson were preparing to go out and contact a refferall. Flustered from a looong day of memorizing a new area from sweep training, I managed to leave my planner(with the apartment number) and the phone (to ask the elders the address). We didn't have a lot of miles and knew if we drove back we wouldn't be able to contact her tonight. I felt that we shouldn't go back so I looked at sister Johnson and asked what she thought we needed to do. She said "Well we're here for a reason so lets walk." We started to walk to the apartment buildings having NO idea where we were going. I felt instantly that we needed to go up the stairs. I asked sister Johnson what she thought we needed to do and without hesitation she said, "lets go upstairs" so I knew it was right! As we reached the top step a 23 year old girl walks out of her apartment door and we go and introduce ourselves. We began to teach her about the Book of Mormon and read our favorite scriptures on the Atonement. After reading Mosiah 24: 14-15 "and I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them on your backs; and this i will do that ye may stand as a witness for me hereafter and that you may know of a surety that I the Lord God do visit my people in their afflictions". She told us how she had been having a hard day and wanted to feel "this burden lifted from her shoulders" as we were talking about. We testied of Jesus Christ and how He knows her and is aware of her and the message we share will bring her closer to Him. We asked her to pray to know if the things we have taught her are true. She has never prayed in her life and gave the most sincere heartfelt prayer saying "Heavenly Father thank you for sending me these lovely ladies, I know I met them for a reason and I want to know if these things are true. Thank you, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." She looked up at us teary eyed and said how amazing she felt. We told her that she was feeling the spirit and that that was God telling her how much he loved her and is aware of her. We invited her to read the B.O.M. and to be baptized when she knew these things were true. She said yes and how she knew were were sent to her for a reason becasue she had just gotten in a huge fight with her boyfriend and just about to leave her apartment to buy a huge bottle of alcohol. With tears running down her eyes she said, "well I have no reason to go out now" smiled, and took the Book of Mormon. We have her a hug (got down her info and set up an appointment for the ysa elders to contact her on monday) and said goodbye. She went inside and we literally danced to the car. It was SO amazing to know that the lord was leading us and if we would have showed up a second later we would have missed her. It was hard to give her up to the ysa elders but just as the missionaries say "point one for team Jesus". hahaha so back to zero investigators and tracting!
Katie miracle!
             As if that wasnt enough of a miracle the very next day we recieved a refferal from some elders that went fear busting with some new elders! This lady is the most elect and ready person I've ever met my whole mission. She isntantly let us in and told her how she has just gotten out of an abusive relationship that took the lives of 5 of her children. At the end of the first lesson she accepted to be baptized so fast and said "yes, and I would like my children to be baptized too if thats alright".......I DID EVERYTHING IN MY WILL POWER not to burst out in joy hahah. Of COURSE they can! hahah too bad they are 1 and 3 years old so they'll have to wait a little bit but she's keeping all of her commitments and came to ALL 3 hours of church yesterday! The ward did an amazing job at welcoming her in and explaining how everything works.
             Nothing (besides sweep training) is more stressful than bringing an invesitagor to church. You wait to see if they'll show, you walk them in and hope no one stares and makes them feel uncomfortable(cause they already do) then you sit back and PRAY the speakers teach to her needs. To make matter worse her 3 year old was crawling up and down all the isles of chairs and her 1 year old was pulling her hair and dumping the sacrament tray! hahah my anxiety was at an all time HIGH because she spent the whole time taking them in and out hahah I was afraid it was holding her back from feeling the spirit! We got a call afetr church and I was so afraid she was going to say "sorry sister, this isnt for me" but she just went off about how much she loved it and how she is so excited to go to church next week! PRAIS ELLUJAH! I am so excited for her.
             I love being a missionary so much! Everyday I'm brought to remember how much the Lord influences my life and that truly is what makes me happy, remembering Him. He is constantly puting tender mercies into our lives to bless us and make us happy and if we take the time to reflect on what He's done then we will never have a reason to feel sad or alone! I have gotten closer with my savior this week than I have my whole mission. When times get hard I think of what the savior went through. How even He asked His Heavenly Father to "let this cup pass" and that He continued on because He loves us and knew there was no other way. I truly know there is no other way for me to become like my savior if I dont have my own hard times through gethsemane. There is no greater joy than helping Heavenly Father in His work and becoming a new person in the process! I love being a missioanry! Have an amazing week and know I'm praying for you all!:)
-Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment