Monday, September 9, 2013

Transfers, Trainer's and Testimonies!


Hey everybody!!!
Ok soooo lots of change this week! I forgot to tell you that it was transfer week hahah so heres my new transfer call, I'm going back to Spokane valley but this time i'm in the beltair ward (pres. mullens ward) right next to the temple!! I'm sweeping(meaning it will be a whole new area without any past missionaries showing me around the area) and IM TRAINING!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! SWEEP TRAINING! im gonna die. So when you train a new missionary you're called a momma! So it was pretty funny when we got our call, my district leader says and sister scott..YOUR PREGNANT!!!! and I literally sat there for like 5 min SOOO confused...hahahahh but then I got the joke..SO im pregnant and in labor as we speak(so the kids say nowadays) and I will be picking up my new baby tomorrow at 9 o clock!! SOOO excited but SO nervous hahah I don't really even feel like I even know what I'm doing yet and to train a new missionary the Lord must know something I don't hahah but it gets even better....so Sister Call is staying in our area and SISTER HOOD(my last companion) will be her new companion as a sister training leader!! CRAZY hahah my only two companions are now companions! That will be quite the transfer hahah my two companions couldn't be more opposite. Its like pairing up dolly and bob marley...so I'm excited to see how they work together! I'm a little sad to be leaving my investigators cause me and sister call are the ones that found them! (Bud and Mary) they are SOO elect it kills me! They will be getting baptized in October and I probably wont be able to see it but it just feels so amazing knowing that the spirit truly was working with us to find him cause It was SO random how we did.
This last week we have been focusing a lot the atonement. My mind is just blown how amazing the atonement truly is. It is everything and everything ties back to it somehow. Before my mission the Atonement was just a word to me that describes the Saviors suffering for our sins. There are so many different parts to the atonement that I never even realized and there is no way to explain everything I've learned but I hope this analogy I've come up with will make sense. So I read this talk about the enabling, cleansing, and healing power of the atonement. Its was helps us access the ability to become like our savior and our Heavenly Father. There's so many attributes that I want to gain while I'm on my mission and for the rest of my life. Because of our natural man we fall short of fully gaining these abilities but when we access the atonement it will make up the rest that we couldn't have without the grace and mercy of our savior. I never understood how to fully access and use the atonement in my life but I know that Heavenly Father wants all of us to progress as much as we can in this life and to prepare us to meet him again. I've seen the amazing affect the atonement has had in my life as I have asked  Heavenly Father for forgiveness of my weaknesses and asked for help to overcome them. I truly have come to know that Repentence is truly what makes us happy in our lives and allows our savior to lift the burdens we feel from making mistakes. That's why Heavenly Father provided a savior so that we could be enabled to progress, cleansed from our mistakes, and healed to become all we can be in this life. As we were being taught this in our meeting I had the thought "well whats the difference and why are all three powers so important"? The spirit toootally helped me understand by creating this analogy.
-The Enabling power is like the engine of the car. Its what moves us forward and gives us the ability to progress. It strengthens us to be able to overcome mountains and trials in our life.
-The Cleansing Power is like going through a car wash, removing any past mistakes(or dirt) that we inevitably pick up on our journey through life making us feel happy and free from the things that can weigh us down.
- and it took we a while to figure out what the healing power would be but Its because the healing power is the hardest one for us to truly understand and accept. Its forgiving ourselves and truly understanding that Heavenly Father has forgotten whatever that past transgression was, as if it hadn't happened..then it hit me. The Healing power is like taking a giant cracked windshield or a totaled bumper and REPLACING it with a completely new and beautiful one. We hold ourselves back so much by not accepting the healing power of the atonement and the reality of God's goodness and the Saviors ability to do such an amazing thing.
The atonement is amazing. Its truly is what gives us the ability to become all we can in this life and to do things we couldn't see us accomplishing on our own. And that's cause we aren't. Using the Atonement is allowing the savior to be beside us through everything we go through. He carries half of our burden and even more when we need Him to. Mathew 11:28 describes this so perfectly that with him, our "yoke may be light". He is the only one who truly understands what our burdens feel like cause He suffered it. I love my savior and the sacrifice He made for me and everyone else in the world. Acessing the powers from the atonement is truly what makes us happy in this life and in the next! Without it we don't progress, we only loose even more sight of why we are here on this earth. I have become the happiest I have ever been on my mission from relying on my savior and using the atonement daily! I love this gospel and this amazing chance I have to fully understand it and study it for myself. I know without a doubt that this gospel is true because He proves it to me everyday. You can't find this eternal happiness anywhere else. My Heavenly Father has become by best friend and I know that He lives. I love all of you and pray for you everyday! Have a great week and I'll see ya'll soon!!:)
-Sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment