Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pooor Poor Gene....


Hello everyone!!:)

This week i got to go to my second mlc meeting, and I gave my first training by myself at zone training! I trained on "Finding". I thought it was pretty funny how i was assignesd that because that has been something our area had been REALLY struggling with so as i was praying on what to train on and prayer kept coming to my mind. I ended up giving my whole training on how we each have such different area thats the only way we will be succesful in finding is if we recieve that revelation from the Lord. I invited all the missioanries to kneel down right there and we all said prayer on how to recieve new investigators. We each wrote down different things and just as we stood up the evergreen sisters got a call from someone and ran outside. After taking with them they say "sister scott we have a new investigator for you!! She just called us and said she found a book of mormon and wants you to come over and teach her about it!" Miracles. and from applying this training Our area has found 6 new investigators this week! 3 we sent tot he ysa elders but STILL! point 6 for teach Jesus.

Here is a funny story:
So Gene is a 60 year old investigator that i seriously love soooo much. He has had so much contact with missionaries he's kinda an eternigator BUT i really feel that is gonna change soon. So we decided we just need to have a bold lesson with Him and put him on date to be baptized. We called and called our ward missionaries and everyone was busy. There was one last ward missionary we could call but i was SO hesitant because she is the most blunt, firecracker, intimdating, says EXACTLY whats on her mind without sugar coating a SINGLE thing, kinda member. SO with that said, she ended up coming of course. We explained to her we wanted to me "bold with LOVE" (biggest mistake) hahah She was definitely Bold. Our lesson started off super strong talking about the Savior and why He was baptized just as we started to ask Him if he knew the church was true and he says haha "Yes i do, Im just not sure when I want to be baptized" Just as i opened my mouth to invite Him Sister Jones Starts to go off on him! haha she basically told him he is going to be damned if he's not baptized! in my mind i was screeming "NOOOOOOOOOO" it was so horrible but Gene is a real funny old man so He was just smiling and laughing and wasnt even quite sure what was going on. haha She staretd using words like procrastination, idleness, and slothfulness and wrote down words in the Bible dictionary for him to look up! sweet gene was just smiling away and writing things down, I looked at my companion and she was literally steaming from the ears i couldnt help but BUST out laughing. soon enough my companion started to laugh and sister jones started to laugh and the whole lesson was just a complete mess. hahah it was one lesson from my mission i will never forget.

One scripture that has helped me a lot on my mission is Helaman mosiah 5:15

15 Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in agood works, that Christ, the bLord God Omnipotent, may cseal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who dcreated all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.

I couldnt think of any better gift in the whole world than him to "Seal you His". at the beginning of my mission all I wanted to do was to give everything to my mission and to Him but i didnt know how. I did my best but there were always things i would hold onto that kept me from giving my whole will up to Him. The atonement has helped me Let go of anything that goes against the Will of my father and these last 9 months He has taught me how. I feel free and light. I feel stronger and happier. Im the same person but I am soo different and i hope to never go back and only progress until I become like Him. I love being a missionary. Love you All and encourage you to do all you can to be about your Fathers business! there is no greater Joy!

-sister scott


No comments:

Post a Comment