Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sister Weinman Miracle!!


Hello everyone!!

Yesterday we had a less active miracle!! So me and me last companion met Sister weinman the first week that we get into the belle terre ward. We were looking for names to contact and sister Weinman immediately stuck out to me. We saw her that week and have been seeing her every week for the last 7 months. She is SOOO stubborn but these past few weeks she has made a HUGE change in her life. She has let go of so many things that hold her back and she has committed herself to read the scriptures every single day and pray. She has had so many experiences that the Lord has shown her she is on the right path. So finally this last saturday I had a strong feeling we needed to go see her. The Spirit was stronger in her home than I have ever felt with her before and at the end I told her"C'mon sister weinman! come to church!" and for the first time in 7 months she said.."You're more stubborn than I am sister Scott..you'll never quite will you? ALRIGHT! Im coming!" hahah She came yesterday and had the time of her life. The absolute best part was when she took the sacrament for the first time in years. That has been the main focus of all our lessons with her and the amazing blessing and power of renewing those covenents with your Heavenly Father. The classes were all of the temple and at the end of the day she told us she wants to start preparing to enter the temple!!! Im so excited for her!!!

Oh my goodness it has been a wodnerful week. I also have been praying a lot about what my purpose is here in belle terre. Every investigator I have had has either fallen off date from not keeping commitments all the way from legally not being able to(kelly-hedi-angela- and heather from ex husbands bannning them from taking missioanry discussions WEEKS from their baptismal dates) Its been a bit discouraging. haha But I recieved a priesthood blessing this last week and In my blessing it said specifically that my Heavenly Father is aware of my desires and that through accepting His will in all things I will witness miracles. It mentions OVER and OVER how I will bring "many" to Christ but not in the way I think. It kept mentioning the worth of souls as well and I never fully understood what that had to do with bringing many until this last friday!

We took sister Colvin(recently reactivated) to the family History Center and there isnt One person on her side of the family or her husbands that has been baptized. As she got started she has found so many names and her desire to attend the temple has increased so much. Her fear is completely gone now and she want me and sister seastrand to go with her for the first time and baptize all of them for her in the temple!! She looked at me and said "There will be many sister scott and they have been waiting for a very very long time." and the spirit instantly confirmed to me that there is so much more to Our Heavenly Fathers plan than we can see! His will is ALWAYS better than the one we can make of ourselves. As we're patient and dilligent in doing our very best, He will provide miracels. He always does!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! I know this church is true. Oh my heavens It is. there is nothing in this world that I believe more strongly than that.

alma 29: 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do anot bglory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment