Monday, March 24, 2014

Tender Mercies :)


Hola mi familia!

guess what. I've been reading the Book of Mormon in spanish and Im basically fluent. Nah just kidding..but I can pronounce almost everything semi correctly and sometimes the gift of tongues tells me what I'm reading! haha I have had a lot of exchanges with the Hermanas lately and I love it so much. Being able to go on exchanges has seriously been the biggest tender mercy in the world. We see miracles every single time! Yesterday I was looking in some other sisters area book and felt we needed to go see a referral. When we saw they had moved we still felt we needed to go see them. That morning we walked to the home and as soon as we pulled up, a man walked out of his home and we started to talk to Him. He said that he is in the army and that his faith in Jesus Christ is what kept him alive. We shared a message on the Book of Mormon with him and invited Him to be baptized and He didnt even hesitate. The Lord always puts us right where He needs us when he needs us every time!

There was another HUGE tender mercy this week from my amazing parents. Mom, I am seriously amazed at how inspired you and dad are every time you send me something. I love you guys so much and wish I could fully explain how grateful I am for everything you guys do. To explain a bit.. this last thursday we had an awesome day with our members at a garden party! right after that we got a call from a potential that was absolutly horrible. We thought she was calling us to tell us that she wants to be baptized buuut she dropped us in not the nicest of ways..Going home, we felt pretty discouraged and upset. Literally min later, we walked in to this BEAUTIFUL vase of flowers with a note
from my parents telling me how proud they are of me and that they love me. The Lord provides so perfectly. Mom and Dad, thank you for being so inspired and listening to the promptings of the spirit.

We had elder Golden and elder Call of the 70 fly in to speak with us. The spirit was so incredibly strong while he spoke to us! He talked a lot about how "this world is not what we suppose if only we could have the eyes to see" He paused for a while then said "there are even many that are here looking upon us now.. and there are much more that are for us, then against us." Everyday I pray to see with spiritual eyes. I know there is so much more to this work than we could ever imagine. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that I can be apart of it.

"We are not alone in this sacred trust.. There is no greater joy. It is worth every sacrifice."

I love you all so much! have a great week and do all you can to help His work along!
-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment