Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Brekken!!


Hello everyone!

This has been probably one of the longest greatest weeks EVER. We went to spokane twice and got to hear from Elder Audukitas! He is the boldest, bluntest, most inspiring person I have ever heard speak. Hahaha we got quite the chastisement, but it was all out of love so the spirit filtered it into motivation! He really was so incredibly powerful! Because of him i have set goals for my mission and what I truly feel the Lord wants me to do these last 6 1/2 months. I cant even type that without cringing...anyway. The Lord has been teaching me a lot about faith and the power it has to produce miracles!

So we were given the opportunity to volunteer at the world series baseball thing here for LCSC. There is a billion baseball teams here and its been amazing to walk around and represent the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!! (Dad I promise I combed my hair) I havent been to an event like that in so long, It felt so weird. SO many people, and SO little time to tell them about the gospel, I WAS GOIN NUTS! Our 1 shift of service we worked in the consessions stand and we had to be there at 11. Of course I just so happened to lock out keys in the apartment at 10:50 along with our car key so we had NO way to get to service. We prayed and asked the Lord to open the door if it was His will and MIRACULOUSLY...........it didnt open. So we walked. BUT we talked to this guys on the way who lives with a member and had a bunch of questions so that was awesome.

We finally made it to our shift 25 min late and went strait to the main consessions and started to work. There was a girl named brekken who was working with us and the whole time I was praying for a way to share the gospel with her. She ended up asking us a question about our name tags. She said she had some sister missionaries come to her door once (the ysa sisters that we live with) and she had been thinking about them ever since they left and she lost there card and couldn't get ahold of them! I think we spend a solid hour and a half talking through our shift about her life and what she is looking for right now. ITS THE GOSPEL! In her own words she said, "I have spent my whole life looking for fulfillment, I know its not at the bottom of the bottle, it's not with they guys and parties, It's not in my work, it's not in my school...It's like I keep searching everywhere and never fully feel complete." I told her, "It's because what your seeking for, the world cannot offer you. The Savior and His gospel is the only way to feel lasting joy and happiness." The spirit was so strong and she just started to glow, "How can I get started? I want to learn more." It was like a dream! Everything she kept saying I was blown away at how much the Lord had been preparing her. She told us, "I wasn't even going to come in today but something told me I needed to, then I got a call from the manager asking me to cover for someone so I raced right in!"

As if that wasn't a great enough miracle, Later that day when we got back into our home and car we listened to a voice mail from the manager and she said "Hey sisters, you haven't shown up for your shift and we are going to go ahead and call back up, If you plan to come later let us know." THE BACK UP WAS BREKKEN! If we would not have locked our keys in the house and been late, Brekken would not have came in and we would not have worked together! The Lord works in mysterious ways. Brekken is now meeting with the YSA sisters and is on date to be baptized!:)

Update on our some investigators:
-Kayla and Nick and planning to be married this Friday and kayla will be baptized on Saturday!! so excited for them! I hope all goes well. Satan has been attacking that family like crazy and things have been going wrong left and right. So if you could keep them and their son jayden in our prayers that would be awesome:)
-Jack just got our of surgery and is doing awesome and his wife Jessica is now in date to be baptized for the 21st of june! When we prayed about a date, that one stuck out and when we told her she said, "That's my husbands birthday! so now I know that date was inspired!" IT WAS CRAZY! hahah
-Rodney has officially quit chewing tobacco- thanks to mine and sister woodfields sugar fast! Me her and Rodney are going on day 8 sober;)


Something I've really been thinking about is the power our agency give us. Heavenly Father loves us so much that he will grant unto us our desires whether they be good or evil. He give Joy and eternal life as His option but hHe will never force it upon His children! As a Father, that takes and incredible amount of love and I catch a glimps of how much more and more each day.

ALMA 29:4

1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

 3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

4 I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God, for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction.

We are here to LEARN how to use ageny righteously and to do so will bring us closer and closer to becoming all He has created us to become. The choice is ours! have an awesome week I love you all!!:)

-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment