Thursday, July 31, 2014

Freedom!

Hello everyone!! These weeks seriously just keep blurring together. Writing is getting harder and harder each week. hahah but I am seriously just loving every moment out here. Its SO so precious to me. The Lord is teaching me a lot about time and how valuable it is. The time that I spend with each investigator is a lot more..i dunno ..bold? haha Im feeling such a sense of urgency that the time to change is NOW. there isn't time to just come and share a message and make them feel good, It's about progression. I just want these people to progress and change through the atonement! The joy that comes from repentence is amazing and the best way to do that is to challenge them! My trainer once taught me that if you truly love these people you will invite them to repent, you will be bold and state exactly what it is the Lord wants them to do. That is what I'm trying to do:) I just love these people so much. They are all doing amazing! Sister Chambers STILL has not smoked and is preparing to receive her patriarchal blessing! She invited us to it so im SUPER excited about that! miracle: During our district meeting we were told to go out and blitz our area! we drove with the sisters until we saw someone. In a matter on minuites there is a man coming down the street. I felt so strongly to get out of the car so we pulled over and ran after him! it was awesome. He stopped and we taught him about the book of Mormon and he loved it! He said he would be baptized if he knew it was true so we got his address and now we're teaching him! It was truly tender mercy of the lord! There are so many people around us we just need to listen tot the spirit to guide us on where to go and what to do. He is teaching me more and more of what His voice sounds like. One thing I love SOOOO much about this work is the spirit. It helps my eyes be wide open, my mind is clearer, and my heart is constantly full. I would say the hardest thing about that is that my heart is sometime too full. hahah when things don't work out or people Choooose unrighteousness it literally breaks my heart. I can completely sympathize with Alma as he just cried and cried over the wickedness of "His bretheren". IT KILLS ME to see these people not progress. From those experiences tho I have been better able to understand the importance of Gods will. That no matter how badly I want something to work out- the Lord loves them more than I could ever fathom and he STILL allows them to choose. EVEN WHEN HE KNOWS IT WILL BRING THEM UNHAPPINESS! that completely blows my mind. To love someone that much is amazing to me. I hope and pray that I will have the strength to gain that attribute as a mother. If there is one things I know without a shadow of a doubt, it's that freedom brings true growth. "I give unto you a knowledge, and it shall make you free" I love you all and pray and PRAY you will have missionary experiences!!:) -sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment