Thursday, October 9, 2014

General Conference = DISNEYLAND


Wasn't General Conference the BEST!!?

I never thought I could love something as much as GENERAL CONFERENCE. You had to staple my eye lids open to get me to watch it before my mission but now it's like Disneyland. I love it. One thing that has helped me so much is to always have questions and people Im wanting to receive revelation for. The spirit it so much more able to teach me as I do that.

Update on our people.
Daeshoane. Yes that is how you spell it and yes he is black. HE IS SO ELECT! The second day I was here we were riding out bikes and across the street was a man waiting at the bus stop. Sitting duck. We crossed over and asked him what his name was and invited him on a church tour! HE ACTUALLY CAME. That doesn't always happen haha and when he came the spirit was so strong we put him on date to be baptized the very first lesson! Last Monday we taught him about the restoration and he says "It makes so much sense that if Jesus Christ would visit the eastern hemisphere of the world, that of course He would visit the western hemisphere as well." The spirit taught him that one. He came to church and went to conference yesterday! This guy is going to be the next apostle. hahah I swear he is awesome.

Gerson. This sweet boy is preparing to be baptized on the 18th! He street contacted by the sisters then started coming to church with his friend in the church the past 5 weeks in a row! He signed up for seminary and just loves it! He reminds me a lot of my little brother and when he goes off on little tangent when we're trying to be spiritual I want to shake him and say "JOSH! QUIT IT! STAY FOCUSED! we're talking about the gospel here not Football!" hahah but He really has such a sweet heart. When His friends aren't around I like to ask him how he really feels about all of this and why hes really going to seminary, I don't just want him to be baptized and less active when he grows up. His answer was "There is just something about the kids there. They're all so happy. I use to have anger problems and ever since I have been going to seminary and church, I;m not angry ever. They kids there say such inspiring things and I think its because they have that Holy Spirit with them or something. But that's what I want in my life."
 He is such an amzing kid. He downloaded the Spanish Book of Mormon on His moms app and is starting to read it to her!! He is also thinking about serving a mission. Its pretty exciting to see the Lords hand in his life! I know He has big plans for him.


My  favorite quotes from conference: sorry some of these are a combination of what they said and what the spirit taught me.

"His Mercy is the mighty Healer"

"The natural man receiveth not the things of God"

"If you come seeking, you will find. Hevenly Father feeds His sheep, but they must first hunger after Him"

"Sincere seekers of truth can never let the burning fire of what they DO know diminish"

"Studying the defectors to come to know the gospel is like going to Judas to understand Jesus Christ" haha I loved that

"Human judgment and logical thinking will never be enough. We need not a flash- but continual light and revelation given from our Father in Heaven."

"You are entitled to personal revelation"

"Ponder the path of thy feet"

"When the gospel becomes your characteristics and habbits you will then access the power of the Atonement " one of my favorites. its so true.

"Our eagerness to share these gospel truths is a reflection of how important these truths are to us"


I LOVE THE GOSPEL! I love how perfect the Lord and His gospel are. I love how perfectly he can work through imperfect people to be an answer to so many prayers. He has never ceased to answer mine. I know he will continue to do so as I remain soft, and hunger after the words of His deciples. I love you all so much. Stay strong in all you do! Love the Lord! that's all there is to it!

-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment