Saturday, October 25, 2014

Miraculous? YES


Hello Family!

I got a quick amazing wonderful miracle to share with you all. So I got to go on exchanges this last week with a very dear friend, Sister Richardson. We were together in the valley (she's the sister that can rip an apple in half with her bare hands...ya I know). So as we were doing our nightly planning she had me look up a bunch of names. The first on the potentials list that stuck out to me was Matt. We put him down, and as we searched for his home 1703..we came to find it was non existent. I looked around us, and felt the need not to leave. I saw a women in the house next to us, 1704 but quickly brushed it off. Sister Richardson hopped back on her bike for us to try someone else and something would not let me hop back onto mine. "Lets try this house sister!" came out of my mouth before I knew it we were at the front door. A boy around the age of 17 answered the door.I said Hi and introduced myself, then In the back I heard this shocked voice yell "Sister Scott?!" You will never believe whose home we were brought to that day....MY NURSE PRACTITIONER. The one I read the Book of Mormon to the whole time she was sewing me up and answered all her doctrinal questions! SHE'S BEEN READING!!! She let us come in and insisted on making us lunch. I was in shock the whole time we were in her home. haha I could not belive how amazing it was that I got to see her again. Words cant even describe the joy I felt ans we got to sit down and  teach her and her son the restoration. The spirit was so strong and I bore my testimony to her that THIS message was true. I told her "Its up to you now, plant it in your heart and nourish it by faith(alma 32) and in God own time, He will show her it is true."  She is a devout Catholic and I could see and feel that It will take her a lot of faith if she is to continue to let it grow in her! I told her It wouldn't be easy but no price is greater than the opportunity to be sealed to her family. She was quiet at first then said "I don't doubt the Lord brought you into my path... and TWICE now. There was too many things you said here, and at the urgent care that made me think, 'there is no way she would've know to say that' so I know It's from God. I will read the Book Of Mormon and pray to know it its true."

It was amazing!!! The spirit was tangible. The spirit taught me so much about the importance of ONE soul in the sight of God.


The Kootenai urgent care I met her at is in post falls and this would be my one and only day In Couer D' Alene this whole transfer and maybe my whole mission. But the Lord is perfect. He knows His children and He places us RIGHT where He needs us if we will just listen. I thank Him everyday for the opportunity I've had to become more familiar with His voice. THAT above all will be one of the greatest blessings my mission has brought to me. There is nothing more essential then listening to the sprit and acting immediately on the promptings you receive. He never leave. Its us that choose to draw away from Him and as we strive to let go of the things of this world continually, we are more and more acceptable to the messaged He would have us receive. I love His gospel more than anything. keep learning and living it and you will see the fruit!! I love you all have a great week!
-sister scott




No comments:

Post a Comment