Saturday, October 25, 2014

Things are Great!


Hello family:)

It has been a great week. I've been learning so much:) Im so greatful to be here I cant even describe it. The Lord has not only blessed me this week but given me the ability to SEE the tender mercies He's placing in my life. I am so grateful to serve Him and His children.


Updates:
Daeshoane is back on the radar. We taight him the plan of Salvation last night and he is on date to be baptized on the 20th. When he was young he wants to be a preacher so at the end of out lessons, he always gives this southern Baptist sermon on "God gave His ONLY begotten son" and repeats the work ONLY like 400x. Its really sweet. The spirit is strong so I always give him little  "Amen, Hallelujah" in support. It's cute.

Jackie my nurse practitioner is now taking the discussions from the Couer D' Alene sisters. She and her Taught just received the Plan of Salvation and are doing so well:) God is good.

Gerson's (16 yr old street contact now taking seminary and coming to church each week!) his baptism was pushed back a week to next sunday. His mother is from mexico and his step father is always busy hunting so we finally got to have a sit down talk about his baptism. We gave his mother a Spanish Book of Mormon and are trying to get the Spanish Elders over there to meet her. She's slowly becoming interested but It might take a little while. I said a prayer in Spanish and SHE LOVES ME NOW! Thank you Hermana Dishong. Softening one Spanish heart at a time. At first she tried to tell us He wasn't ready but Gerson stood up and bore his testimony to his mother and the spirit was so strong In was amazing. He told her "These people are so happy and I know it's because they found Christs Gospel and I know being baptized will help me become more like my Savior, and that is my over all goal". We were glowing. I felt like a mother watching His sons preschool program performance. Nothing feels better then knowing what you are teaching them is sinking in!


I have had the Spirit testify to me so strongly that This is Christ Gospel. The evidence of this is the transformation I've seen and continue to see in myself. Greater Faith in Him has brought me through ever trial I face. Greater Reliance on His Atonement has made me stronger than I could have ever hoped to be. He Died for us so we might live and REALY live. There is so much fleeting happiness in the world that will never match up to the blessed and happy state of those who keep His commandments. He pleads me might humble and obedient so He CAN strengthen us and carry us to much greater heights. Our greatest happiness is not attainable with out Him, and of this I testify with my whole heart.
 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground; he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him there is no beauty that we should desire him.

 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

 4 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.



I love you all! and if there is anything I can do for you. I will do it. Just let me know:)

-sister scott






DAVE SPENCE WAS BAPTIZED! He has been smoking for 65 years and for the first time he was able to quit! He has been meeting with missionaries for the past few years and me and siter Brown found him outside and taught him ever since.  He doesn't let a day go by without reading the Book of Mormon and he watches General Conference in his spare time. hahah The driest Mormon I've ever met. Not anymore!!




Got to talk to Kayla and Jaiden on the phone this week:) Our president made a new rule that we can call and email our recent converts and keep in touch with them once a week!:) She is preparing to go to the temple and do baptisms soon:)


No comments:

Post a Comment