Tuesday, August 20, 2013


Hello everyone!! sorry I couldnt write last week! We got to go mountain biking for our P day!! It was amazing. me and a coyote made eye contact for probably 20 second..It was CRAZY haha. If animals got baptized he'd be dunked in a minuite... so our investigators haven't been progressing very well and I've been praying and praying that we would find someone knew to teach who was ready. One night all of our appointment fell through(yee) and we didn't have anymore back ups to try. So I randomly thought "hey lets go get our weeding gloves and bike to our ward mission leaders house. we hadent had a lot of time on bikes and I thought It would be awesome cause thats how we get to talk to people! It was around 8:30 so no one was outside and we were pretty bumbed. All the sudden my skirt gets caught in my bike and I stop! My companion comes back to help and after we get it unstuck I look to my left and theres this lady weeding her yard. (something always happened to my bike or my companions bike EVERYTIME there's someone elect around) So i got up and ask her if we can help her weed and she gets so excited and says"oh my that would be wonderful! I just got back surgery and I've been trying to get this front yard done forever!" She is the cutest old lady names connie and she was so happy to see us she brings us strait inside to introduce us to her husband! hahah she says "these lil thangs just showed up outta no where like jesus sent em or somethin! He even sent them with weeding gloves and everythang!" hahah it was so sweet but it really was a miracle! We've been teaching her for the past week and we're inviting her to be baptized tonight so wish us luck!
 
I also got to go on exchanges this week with the sister traning leader! We got to go to the cutest little place called Cheney. Its right on a college campus so there tons of people walking around to talk to! I felt like a child in a toy store. I talked to soo many amazing people! It was really awesome too to compare myself to when I first came out so shy and TERRIFIED to talk to people about religion and now Its like my absolute favorite thing to do hahah I'm bolder than I've ever been in my life but It because I know how important this message is! I figure everyone is a child of God and who am I to judge if they will be receptive or not so my goal I keep is to never ever ever pass anyone. The most amazing conversation I had was with this guy named Garrison. Him and his daughter bethany were walking around campus and I felt more strongly than EVER that I needed specifically to talk to him. Turns out they were members but have been attending a non denomination one for the past 10 years. He has autistic and his daughter is some spinal disabling disease. He went ON and ON about how he felt he was a distraction to the spirit and that no one loved him or accepted him and after probably 40 min of this conversation I literally felt the spirit yelling in my head, tell him you love him, I interupt him and say "Garrison if there is one thing I want you to leave with today, it's to know that I love you. and your Heavenly Father loves you. and nothing you've been through can ever change that." for the first time in 45 min he was completely speachless and teary eyed. I told to remember the covenents that he made at baptism and go back to church this sunday for God and no one else. He smiled and said "It's people like you, that I know I met in the pre earth life and promised me you would find me and tell me this. I needed to hear that and I need to go back to church. Theres no greater feeling than to walk in that chapel and feel His love. You can't find it anywhere else in this whole world." All four of us are crying at this point and laughing cause I felt sooo strongly that he was right! I know we've all made special promises before this life to keep eachother valiant and on the right path back to our Heavenly Father! We just got to act on those promtings of the sprit to bring eachother to the rememberance of who we are and why the freak we are even here!! It soo simple but its so easy to forget.
 
If I could bring it down to one thing..my favorite thing to do as a missioanry is to tell people I love them. AAAAh i love it. After a lesson or before we leave a random person on the street I look them In the eye(PEARCING THEIR SOUL yep) and tell them I love them. aaahahah Its thee best feeling ever because the whole time I'm talking with people I literallly become overwhelmed with love for them. I know this is from the savior and He gives me small little glimpses of just how much he truly loves His children. I know without a doubt that if the savior had just a second with all the people I talk to that he would tell them just that. That he loves them. So I've made it a point to do that every time because I am a deciple of Jesus Christ and I am on HIS errand. I love being a missioanry more than anything. Have an amaing week and remeber how much God loves you!! and me toooo!
 
love ya'll see ya sooon!:)
-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment