Monday, August 5, 2013

Miracles Never Cease!!


Hello family and friends!:)

I love being a missionary! Transfers are craaazy! I moved in with sister Call this week and it's the best ever! We live with a member and she had a GIANT plum tree in the back so every morning we go jogging then strait to her backyard and eat like 20 plums for our breakfast haha everyone grows amazing gardens here so we get to spend looots of times in gardens..eating their food. I LOVE IT! 
     This week we saw miracles. Its been pretty frustrating not knowing the area or anyone in it and I hate sitting back and making the other sister take the reigns cause I feel useless BUT I was praying and praying that we would find new investigators because all the ones they have are really progressing but the second day out in our are we got a referral for a family of 4. They let us in we taught the whole restoration and book of mormon and invited them to be baptized and they said yes!...miracle. As if that wasn't great enough..two days later we met with a recent convert and she brought her boy friend who just got out of the army. He said the only reason he agreed to come was because he has some pretty traumatic heath problems cause bombs have gone off next to his head and he'll randomly wake up in the night and accidently hurt his girlfriend..really sad story but he told us he wont get baptized but he's here because every night she reads the scriptures before she goes to bed he doesnt wake up and hurt her. So awesome. So we took them to the church together and sat in a room. The first thing he said was "I know this might sound crazy, but i can feel a higher presence in here" hahah it was the BEST!!! we explained to him what the spirit was and after teaching the restoration and joseph smiths first vision we asked him to be baptized and he said yes! We asked him right then to kneel down and ask Heavenly Father if what we've taught him was true and I think that was probably the strongest I've ever felt the spirit on my mission. He started to talk about his grandma and asked if she was safe and taken care of (she died a while ago). The best feeling in the whole world was looking into his eyes and promising him that his grand mother was watching over him, very proud of what he was doing, and that she loves him. It was crazy but never in my life have I felt more strongly prompted to tell someone something. I know she was there helping him feel the spirit and helping me know what to say. It so much more apparent to me how much influence this work has from the other side its amazing!
 Being on a mission is the most amazing thing. I was reading what is now my new favorite talk by james e faust called the refiners fire. It talks about why things are hard in our life and how Heavenly Father has a purpose behind every trial. I know my mission will bring some of the hardest moments of my life But in the end I know i will look back and not want to change a single thing because "In the agonies of life, we seem to listen better to the faint whisperings of the divine shepherd" I loved that quote in this talk because thats exactly why people learn so much on there missions! We are in constant need of help from our Heavenly Father and without the distractions from so many things in like Its like I can finally hear Him! He's proven to me over and over that He's there when I know He's ALWAYS been there. another quote from this talk I wrote on my wall is "The price we paid to become acquainted with God was privilege to pay" If a sentence could sum up my mission it would be that .Tha'ts exactly what I want on my grave stone when I die!! My mission is truely a privilege that I thank my Heavenly Father for everyday. well I love you all and am praying for you everyday! Have a good week and I'll see ya'll sooon!:)

-Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment