Thursday, August 29, 2013

Temple Blessings, Standing For Truth and Righteousness, and Awkward Missionary Pics!


about as awkward as it gets to take pic with elders
Helllooo everybody!
Im sorry Im sorry I forgot to tell ya I changed my P day to Wednesday so I could go to the temple! Wow have I every told you all how much I LOVE the temple?? I love the temple. ANYWAY so this week has been pretty amazing. I have a new motto. I will not argue or be contentious but by golly I will defend this church with every bit of knowledge that I got! hahah mom that little book you got me is AMAZING. I have talked with so many anti people its been awesome. So this one guy starts spoutin off this crazy stuff about how we're not Christian and I listen patiently and when He's done I say " I may not be able to answer everything perfectly but I have been called by a prophet to share what I do know. can I share a scripture with you?" and after about 20 min of talkin with this guy his heart was completely softened and he took a pamphlet and book of Mormon! I KID YOU NOT the spirit has taught me more when Im talking with people than a full hour of personal study. Most the things I share are things I really didn't even click before than as we talk Im like "wow that totally makes sense!" hahah THATS when you know you're teaching by the spirit is when you say things you KNEW you never could have said! Its crazy how much the spirit has taught me through others. The spirit truly is the teacher, for those that are open are willing to learn more about their Heavenly Father, the spirit can take words Into their heart and teach them what they need to know. I just sit there and look pretty (jokes).. I love being a missionary. it has been amazing how happy I've become from being an instrument. That's what this life is about to truly be about our fathers business in "bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I know that its through Jesus Christ and His gospel that we can return to live with Him again and that everything on this earth is to test and try us so that we can prove ourselves worthy of such an amazing gift. Having that eternal perspective and faith in Christ and His atonement is what leads us there! Ok oK enough missionary ness..I LOVE THE GOSPEL....ok ok now im done. I love you all sooo much and Pray for you all everyday! have a great week and I'll see ya'll soooon!:)
-Sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment