Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas from Sister Brooke Scott!


Merry Christmas everyone:)
 
Time has gone faster than I can possibly comprehend! AAAAAAAH its christmas. This has been the greatest experience ever to feel the true meaning of what this season is all about and to see it in so many different families. All I want to do is give. Giving is what brings true happiness and I've never been happier at christmas time than I am now! I have grown so close to the amazing people out here. They have really become my family and I'm learning so much of what kind of a family I want to raise and what kind of a mother I want to be. uuugh I just love this so much and I love learning. There has been so many miracles! For one..
 
We had a rough start on our morning and Had no time to proselyte before lunch(thats drives me nuts). After we went to the mission office we just had planned to go home and plan. I felt a strong prompting that we needed to be at the brown apartments and contact this refferall we got abiout 2 weeks ago that NEVER answers. Totally unsure why but knew without a doubt that we needed to be there. The second we pull up a woman comes out of the door we planned to knock and I look at sister johnson and say "She looks like she's begging to be baptized"(not really, she was smoking a cigarrette, but thats whats we tell ourselves to remember the worth of every soul is great!) As we talk with her she ends up not living in the home but she comes down to the valley on the weekends for work. We talk to her about the book of mormon and she was listening intently to everything! She said this is something she had really been looking for for her family. I asked her if she would be baptized and I kid you not, her reply was "Right on! yeah I would!" I looked at sister Johnson like "I told you so." It was so great. We got her address and phone number and out of allt he places in spokane..she lives in my last area the river ridge ward in North Spokane where my first companion is now serving! Wow giving a refferall away has never felt so good! My mama(trainer) was so happy. Point one for team Jesus.. What an amazing feeling tho, knowing the spirit is able to work through us as we have that desire and willingness to do His work. Something I have really been making a goal is to live in the spirit at all times so if at anytime My Heavenly Father needs to communicate with me He can.
 
Something I have been challenging all of my invetigators and less actives is to give a gift to the savior. Soemtimes there are things We hold onto that Hold us back from feeling the full Love of the savior. This can be Pride, holding grudges, Judging others, sin, addictions. ANYTHING that hold you back from feeling the Love of your Heavenly Father, I want to challenge you to GIVE IT TO THE SAVIOR. There is no tangible gift you can give him that He doesnt already have. The one He desires from all of us is the gift of ourselves. That is what bring us happiness. His will IS our greatest happiness and as we completely turn ourselves over to Him and His will, We become so much greater that the plan we had for ourselves. We see ourselves in terms of Yesterday and today. He see's us in terms of forever. As we do that, we access the power of Christs atonement. He promised..
 
14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
 
Then we in return..
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did astrengthen them that they could bear up theirbburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the WILL OF THE LORD.
 
The scriptures refer to Jesus as the ”Prince of Peace” – that is because peace comes only in and through Him.“May we give as the Savior gave…To give of oneself is a holy gift. We give as a remembrance of all the Savior has given. May we also give gifts that have eternal value, along with our gifts that eventually break or are forgotten. How much better the world would be if we all gave gifts of understanding and compassion, of service and friendship, of kindness and gentleness.” (President Monson)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment