Monday, December 2, 2013

Post Thanksgiving.

Helloooooo eveeerrryybody!

Yes i am 20 lbs heavier. No not really. but never in my life have i eaten that much! Being a missionary during the hollidays is dangerous. You would think I walk around with a "help me im poor" sign because I am FED ALL THE TIME. dont worry tho, we do insanity every morning at 6:30 so Its ok. Besides the food hangover THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME!! i absolutely love my mission soo much. Every single day I am growing and learning things i never have before. I meet the most amazing people and I love nothing more than sharing with them what means the most to me in life. I love the Gospel so much. I love preachin it.

So this week I was having a pretty rough day and I told sister johnson. "we need to go get a chili verde burrito" so we did.  and after we were done I felt i needed to talk to this lady. She ended up walking over to our table and sitting with us! She's kinda weird. she is 80 years old and describes herself as a spiritual healing psychic detective. Im not even kidding. We had a good talk tho I think she is just a little confused about somethings..haha SO knowing that everyone is a child of God we took her on a church tour to help answer some qestions she had. It was so hard because she agreed to absolutely everything that we were saying. She says "it makes complete sense..why have i not heard this before?" and when We invited her to be baptized she said NO! We asked her to pray and ask God if the things we told her were true and she said she didnt need to because she already knew it was true!!....the most frustrating thing in the whole world to hear as a missionary. I was a bit shooken up cause I just loved her so much! But i know without a doubt that this message will touch the hearts of those that are ready to recieve it when God wants them to recieve it.

I remember saying a prayer asking Heavenly Father why we had to go through that and how come we havent been able to find anyone that IS ready. We decided to walk around the apartments and I saw this mann get out of his car. Immediately I knew we needed to to talk to him. He listened to the whole introduction of the book of mormon and accepted the invitated to be baptized!! Talk ask and ye shall recieve. Sadly he lives in huston texas but he said he is going to get it contact with the missionaried there!! God is behind everything.

 This week has been really awesome. I have experienced so many things that have changed my nature and who I am. Being companions with Johnson for so long has really taught me so much. I have been able to identify things about my character that I can change in order to become more like the savior. Because me and sister Johnson are so different I have been streched in ways I never knew I needed in order to overcome the natural man! I am so incredibly greatful for the atonemtent and I am growing and changing every single day because of it. I love my Saviors willingness to walk with me every step of the way in this journey, teaching me how to rely on Him and how to become more. Life is undescribably better as we allow Him to walk with us. Becoming submissive to His will is truly the only way to be happy and I will forever submit to what HE has planned for me because I know without a doubt that He loves me and WANTS me to be happy. Learning about my Father in Heaven and His character has changed my mission (and my life of course) But it all comes from knowing without a shadow of a doubt that HE LOVES US! There is no greater knowledge that than. I am here.. "But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave me a commandment even so i do!!" john 14: 31

I love you all so much!! have an awesome ...woh its december. AAAAAAH see ya'll in a year!
love, sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment