Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas in the Field Part 2


HELLOOOO EVERYONE!! merry christmas and a happy new year..
 
This is crazy. I love being a missionary so much. This has been the greatest christmas of all time. Everything Is so much more simple and meaningful. I think the world does a pretty good job at complicating everything so we dont even have time to enjoy the things in life that bring the greatest joy and meaning to life. I hope you all had an amazing time at christmas and got to spend priceless hours with your family! I know i did!:) That hour talkin to you family was seriously the best christmas present ever! It's so amazing to see all of you. If there is one thing i've learned out here it's the importance of family. Thats what I get to share everyday! that the Gospel Is all centered on our family and how we can be together forever..If i had a dime for everytime i've said that, i would be rich. But that truly is why we have the gospel. As we draw closer to Christ we strengthen those around us. It's all preperation to return back to our Heavenly Fathers family.
 
Just a little idea of my christmas..The night before I cleaned our living room, set up our chairs facing the christmas tree, put my favorite blanket down, put my washington mug on the counter ready for hot chocolate, set up my little camera on a tripod..I might be a little bit of a perfectionist..BUT I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!! and hey, i olny get one christmas in the field so I gotta make it good.
waking up was like magic! I think i sat in front of that tree for over an hour just staring at it. hahah It was the greatest feeling! I sound so old..But it was the best. Then we took turns opening presents from our families and ward members then I was so overwhelmed with gifts I slept a little..haha then we had a big breakfast with some sisters! I made the eggs. Then we went around to our ward members and gave them our gift!!
 
Mine and sister Johnsons gift was a picture of the savior that I drew and an amazing poem My companion wrote!! That really was the best part about christmas is giving out our gift and bearing testimony of the savior! Combining the spirit of christmas while talking about the savior..IT WAS LIKE A SPIRITUAL POWER HOUSE! it was awesome. There has been a lot of investigators and less actives that we have been working with that have been struggling and to see their faces light up as we shared our present with them was the greatest feeling in the whole world. There was no better way to feel of the christmas present then to give to others.
 
One example was sister Colvin. She was baptized with her husband and once he died(about 30 yrs ago) She became inactive. We have been the first missionaries in 20 years that she has let into her home. As we've met with her she has softened her heart so much but I could still sense there was something else that was weighing on her heart. As we met with her and gave her our present she began to cry and for the frist time since we've been meeting with her she asked if she could offer the closing prayer. She said she was sorry for hardening her heart toward the church all these years and begged Heavenly Father to help her feel lasting Joy like she did while she was active. The spirit was stronger than ever as she brought up the loss of her daughter and thanked Heavenly Father for letting her feel of her presence while we were there. Tears were flowing down all out faces as I hugged her and told her "He heard your prayer and so did she. merry christmas sister Colvin."
 
I love being a misisonary. I love serving with the saviors name on my tag. I love being His instrument. The greatest joy comes in and through the gospel of Jesus Christ and I will bear testimony that that it is true forever!! I love my savior. Words can't fully describe how much. Merry Christmas everyone!! YOU MATTER TO JESUS!!!
 
-Sister scott:)
 
(Sister Johnsons poem!!)
to my little one,
you have made it through another year,
with trials great and small;
My gift to you this christmas is to have no fear,
I have overcome it all.
My blood was spilt, My tears where shed;
A crown of thorns on my annointed head.
For you I walked the path alone,
for you the seeds of hope were sown.
I see each act of kindness, done in word and deed.
Do not be discouraged, you have done them unto me.
I'm greatful for your service, for your loving heart and smile,
It makes the journey back to me more worth it by the mile.
I know the pains you suffer I know the load you bear,
My gift to your this christmas is to know that I am there.
You may not see me standing close, you may not feel my touch.
But trust in my redeeming love,
I love you very much.
So have a Merry christmas and from one day to another,
Trust in me, Hope in me,
Your every Living Brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment