Monday, January 27, 2014

Miricoles!!


oooood day family and friends!
 
What a week this has been. The worst part about the mission life is SO much happens that I have had absolutely NO time to write all of it down. We have been asked to read the whole book of Mormon in 1 transfer(6 weeks) Which is 13 pages a day and I am ALREADY like 40 pgs behind and we started Tuesday.. there goes sister scott. Oh well the atonement is real and I will catch up. MY NEW COMPANION IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!! She is a hair stylist and a master esthetician (something about she can make my skin pretty) ANSWER TO PRAYERS! this is going to be my "get beautiful" transfer. But seriously we are SO alike. I love her. She reminds me so much of me when I first came out. SO happy and SO passionate - the Lord brought sooo many miracles because of that and so I will do my best to recount them.
 
First day in the field for sister seastrand, we went to Nina's home(our atheist investigator). She wasn't home and we walk for an hour around contacting people on the street with no success. I felt a promting to go back to ninas home and just as I turned the corner Nina yelled! "girls! I was just about to call you!" haha she has been really struggling with reading the book of Mormon. As me and sister Seastrand taught alma 22(kind lamonis conversion) the spirit literally flooded into the room and nina said "I have read this chapter 3 times and could not get anything out of it but now that im reading it with you I see how perfectly it applies to me." I wanted to scream.. ITS CAUSE WE PRAYED AND INVITED THE SPIRIT NINA! the spirit teaches, we just open our mouths! It was SUCH a miracle for her to recognize that. It was amazing to see how much the Lord had softened her heart!
 
Another night we had ALL our apointments canceled and I felt SO strongly that the Lord wanted us to invite someone to be baptized that day and we haden't had the chance to! As we drove home the name Gene came to my mind so  we called him as we pulled into the garage! as he answered the phone he said "Goodness girls I was just thinkin about you!" We asked Him to pull out His scriptures and read 2 nephi 31 with us and the spirit was so strong we invited him to be baptized over the phone and he said YES!!! miracles. The Lord always provides!
 
I could continue on an on about miracle and the amazing tender mercies the Lord gives us everyday. The best way I can sum it up is that I KNOW THIS IS THE LORDS WORK. There is absolutely no way things would work out otherwise. He has an eternal plan and as we yield to His will, we find out the role we have to paly it. The Holy Ghost is on of the greatest gifts we have been given and the world will do everything and anything it can to drown it out. My challenge to all of you is to take the time to just be still. Listen for it. It's far better than any peace and love the world has to offer. I testify it's there, and God has given it to all His children so they can find there way home. I love you all so much!!
 
 
 26 But the aComforter, which is the bHoly Ghost, whom the Father will send in my cname, he shall dteach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
 27 aPeace I leave with you, my bpeace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be ctroubled, neither let it be afraid
 
-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment