Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy New Year 2013-2014!


Happy 2014 everyone!!
 
Holy cow. This is nuts. I cannot belive how fast time has flown! The new year has already brought some awesome miracles! we recieved a refferal from new zeland by a member for her firend named nina mott  two weeks earlier but she had just gotten sugery so we werent sure when or how to contact her or know when she would be out of the hospital. Two weeks later we went to her home and a man opened the door said "HEY!" then slammed the door before I could even say "wait! i forgot to give you a hug!". I was a little discouraged to say the least. New years day we were invited over to lunch by some older missionaries in our ward(elder and sister carmen) and they invited a friend in their apartment complex named nina. She is the most adorable 60 year old woman. When she told us her last name was Mott..I nearly choked on my soup. She accepted to hear the message of the gospel. She has been on church history tours in navoou, she has read all of the works and the glory books, and has been to church and relif society activities with her friend in new zeland for the past 5 years! The only down side is..she doesnt belive in God. NO MATTER! Sister Scott is MORE than up for a challenge. She belives in Jesus Christ(imagine that) so she's already won half the battle! hahah This should be awesome..i'll keep you posted.
 
So do you remember the woman names sister Colvin? She has been less active for 35 years because she got in some sort of a fight with a bishop and SWORE she would never step foot into another mormon church again. Me and my companion(with the mercy of the Lord) were the first lds people to enter her home in 20 years. She has scolded all visiting and home teachers that ever came to her door step and as we saw her the spirit very clearly directed me to talk to her bring up family history work. That was the start of our weekly visits! She has been through all the dicussions again and has been keeping commitents to read and pray but continues to say she is not ready. That last lesson we had with her I told her "Sister Colvin, you can tell us all you want that you aren't ready, but the Lord has already told me that you are. You have many ancestors awaiting your return and we would not have been sent to your home if you werent. We love you, Now come back." Never in my life have i felt the spirit working so strongly through me as it does with her(I feel it most strongly with the less actives we teach) but i have made a promise to myself and to the Lord that I will be as bold and as direct and the spirit prompts me to be and MAN was i sweating. I left her home SURE she would recieve her answer. Soon enough she gives us a call at 7:30 sunday morning and says (in her proper old fashioned tone)"I'll have you know, I will be attending this meeting and would like you to save me a seat sister scott." It took everything in my power not to burst into joy on the phone. I calmly said "Im very much looking forward to it sister Colvin. We love you" Hung up...DANCED OFF IN TO THE MISSIONARY SUNSET and tackled my companion. It was the best sunday every. Another recent returning less active bore his testimony that sunday about how he has chosent o come back into the church and anounced over the puplit that "HE IS HERE TO STAY!"
 
There was a chapel full of tears that day including sister Colvins. She will be attending Stake conference next week to see Elder Niel Anderson!!! This church is so true. God lives and My savior is my best friend. The worth of souls is great in the sight of God and I testify their is no greater joy than assisting you loving Heavenly Father in His work. BE ANXIOUSLY ENGAGED everyone!! I love you and I'll see ya'll sooon!!:)
-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment