Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Transfers and New Companions!!


Hola Mi familia!!
 
So my transfer call is.. IM MOVING TO THE SPANISH AREA! just kidding. I wish. hahah but im going to be spending a lot more time in the spanish area cause Im a sister training leader now. NUTS! I feel like a child but I trust the Lord knows whats he's doing. Im also staying and traning a new missonary as well so this is going to be quite a transfer of training! I pick up my new companion tomorrow and we begin trainging programs on friday! Wish me luck!
 
We also got to have a visa waiter stay with us waiting to go to australia! She is a convert of 2 years from canada! she is covered in tatoos and she is the sickest sister i have ever met. haha I love her and am soooo sad to see her go..She'll be arriving in australia tomorrow. She has the most amazing conversion story. When she lived in scottland(by herself) she felt so empty and lost from the party life that one day her computer turned to lds.org and she started to watch the videos, she sent in her address for the missionaries to give her a book of mormon and she said the gopel is EVERYTHING she had been looking for. She says she has never been happier in her whole life since the day she was baptized! The church is true.
 
We got to hear from Eler Niel L Anderson and Elder Christian this week! OH my goodness that was awesome. Apostles are so cool. They are like real people and so spiritual. He is really funny too! Speaking of funny..We all got to go to a zumba class that the spanish branch started and ITS WAS THE FUNNIEST THING IN THE WORLD! spanish zumba classes in spokane are like belly dancing club parties..As a sister missionary..it WAS SOOOO CRAZY! HAHAHAHAHAH i felt so apostate. I could NOT belive president approved it or that the teacher was a member of the church!! hahaha But we got to wear the little gypsie coin wraps things and all the spanish woman yell "ey ey ey ey!" its hilarious. i'll send pictures.
 
So this last sunday my testimony was completely strengthened from fasting. I have learned that if there is ANYthing you need from your Heavenly Father, you can got to Him in prayer, fasting, and faith and He will help you. Its amazing to see how strong my desire to share the gospel has grown. I want nothing more than to TEACH TEACH AND TEACH SOME MORE! I love being able to feel the love Heavenly Father has for His children and to listen to the spirit for what they need to hear. Sadly it's been a little rough only having 1 solid investigator and she is an athiest...SOOO the work is cruisin like a snail but thats ok because the Lord will provide. This sunday I prayed that I would be able to somehow help the other missionaries around me and that i would be able to find more investigators, and BOTH of my prayers were answered.
 
Yesterday I felt we needed to go to the apartments and try this potential(our potential lists are 3-4 years old so its a miracle if they're still living there) We went to a womans home names cheryl after a long day of no one being interested and so tired from not eating, We prayed before we kocked her door that whoever would open this door would welcome us in and be ready to recieve the message of the gospel. As cheryl opened the door her face lit up. "Oh come in! come in! I have to ask you some questions." (music to a sisters ears) She told us about how today was her fathers death anaversary and she has so many questions about the after life and who we have temples. We were able to answer her questions and she commited to read the book of mormon everyday until we get to see her next! She also is dating a man who wants to learn more as well so this week we will be teaching them!!:) The Lord provides ALWAYS!!
 
Oh my goodness family and friends I LOVE THE GOSPEL. I know its true with every fiber of whatever i'm made up of. I love my brother Jesus Christ and I know i cannot make it home without Him. He is my light and my strength. I would be idle without Him. The small price that i've paid to become aquainted with Him has been the greatest priviledge of my life. Im growing., Im progressing, and I'm becoming so much more than what I had planned for myself. If you are struggling in anyway..give yourself to him, completely, and you will obtain TRUE and lasting happiness. I am a living proof that His atonement is real and that He lives!
 
Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for agood to them that love God, to them who are the called according to hispurpose."
 
I love you all!:)
-Sister Scott
 

1 comment: