Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Halfway Resolutions!!


hey family and friends!!
 
I love being on a mission. I LOVE IT! I can honestly say i have reached that point to where I wouldnt rather be anywhere else than where I am at right now. A lot of the missionaries that i've grown close too are leaving this and next transfer and it's been kinda a wake up call that my mission is literally flying by and will one day end. This week has been filled a lot of goal setting, picture taking, and soaking up every single moment. I wanted to share with you some of my goals sooooo you can all hold me accountable.
 
1) I dont want to feel "bad" stress. There is stress on your mission no matter what but good stress is whats pushed me to reach my potential. How i've been doing that lately is if anything stresses me out I do my best and give the rest to the Lord in Faith, knowing that what I give will be enough. Its basically the law to be happy reguardless of your circumstances!..good goal, I know.
 
2) I've been learning a lot about the connection between my body and my spirit and  I wanna take really good care of the gift that heavenly Father has given me! Call me crazy but im going on a sugar fast for the rest of my mission...AAAAAAAAAAHHHH i know what your thinking.."who is this crazy lunatic?"..nope it really is me. now let me explain:
       --There is so many different reasons I'm doing this but one is because we teach people every single day that struggle with some sort of an addiction. Their physical body has control over them and they "feel" they cannot control it. These addictions have taken away one of the greatest gifts God has given us(agency) and destroys the other (our bodies). We tell them all the time "just quit! It's easy!" I think to myself, But i know that addictions are so much deeper than that. So to better understand how to help them (while learning how to gain complete control over my apetites and passions) I want to fast all candy, desserts, soda, and anything else that is filled with sugar and is harmful to me...YES I AM DYING INSIDE. But so is ed who has been smoking since age 14. Things like gronola bars and natural sugars in fruits are fine cause missionaries would be dead without them.
 
3)(this covers a lot of my goals but to sum it up) I want to become like my savior as much as a possibly can. The atonement has already changed my nature so much I want to continually gain as much knowledge I can so I can "become a (wo)man of sound understanding" as It talks about in the Book of mormon. If there is one thing i've learned out here its that, a selfish person is an unhappy person. I have found the greatest happiness and joy as I put others before myself in all things and in all situations ask myself "what would Jesus do" sounds super cheesey but it is amazing how happy That simple statement has made me.
 
I am so greatful for my mission and the person that my Heavenly Father is creating me to be. I love these people out here more than I could ever explain and I know its because I am on my Hevenly Fathers errand. He has litterally opened my eyes and my heart to feel the smallest portion of what He feels for each of His children. I love the Lord and I love my Father. I will forever be His missionary!
-sister scott
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment