Monday, February 3, 2014

YOSO


Hello everyone!
 
so this week. I cut my hair off. Its wondeful..that is just a small expression of how much I love and TRUST my new companion. She is so great! We have learned so much from eachother its like the Lord is allowing me to re live my first transfer and everything I learned she is learning! Its amazing what the atonement can do in SUCH a short amount of time.
 
First off I just want to thank all of you amazing people that have been praying for me to find people to teach. From your faith the Lord has answered both of our prayers. we picked up 5 NEW INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK and 2 of them are families!!:) Holy smokes. If I new the Lord was able to to provide like this a little earlier on in my mission, I would have had asked ya'll to pray ages ago. Thank you all sooo much for all your love and support. OK miracle time.
 
So..(3 months ago) A boy in the singles ward came up to us and said "her sisters, I found this licence thrown on the side of Highway 27..would you like to return it to the owner with me?" 
We were stoked thinking THIS PERSON IS ELECT. turns out her car was broken into and she was soo grateful we got it back for her but she wasnt interested. that was Chante.
2 weeks later we receiced a refferal for a man named Brian..this adoable member met brian at walmart and offered to have the missionaries stop by with a book of mormon. when we pulled up and it was the SAME address as Chanta. We knocked and both came to the door(turns out they're husband and wife) and after a wonderful spirit felt talk said they weren't really looking for something so they're not really interested! Now by this time im thinkin, "Lord, why do you keep sending us back here if everytime they're not interested?"
2 weeks later I feel We need to try them one more time. Brian answers the Door and His countenance was completely different. He explained to us that His Father had just passed away and Invited us back to chare the plan of Salvation with Him and His family.
When we show up, Chante answeres the door and invites us right in! She explained that Her husdband went out with his friends but agreed to here a message. As we talked She opened right up and knowing this was the 4th time I have seen her, my companion asked why she invited us in this time and listened? She replied "there's just something about this one(pointing to me) that makes me feel comfortable, like your my my sister or something. You always seem to know what I need to hear in the moment and even today, I was having the most horible time ever and you knocked on my door." I testified that the Lord had sent us to her (a number of times in miraculous ways) and that her Heavenly Father has a message He needs her to hear. We both began to cry and she agreed. I invited her to be baptized and she didnt even hesitate! She said "yes, I feel this is truly what I need to do." accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 28th!!
 
One thing I have been struggling with previous to that day was that Im not saying the right things or being at the right place at the right time. This was one of the biggest tender mercied that the Lord had set up perfectly for me and for Chante to experience an absolute surety that the Lord is aware of ALL His children. He is the perfect Father. Keeping communication with Him has been my constant. He is the same yesterday, today and Forever. He knows and loves each of you perfectly, and I can testify with my whole heart that there is absolutely nothing you could ever do in the life that could change His love for you. My love for Him has grown from feeling the love that He has for His chidren!
 
JOHN 4:
12 aNo man hath bseen God at any time. If we love one another, cGod ddwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we adwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do atestify that the Father bsent the Son to be the cSaviour of the dworld.
15 Whosoever shall aconfess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that adwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he ais, so are we in this world.
18 There is no afear in blove; but perfect clove casteth out fear..
19 We alove him, because he first loved us."
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!
 
Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment