Monday, April 28, 2014

Last week and THIS week's letters!


SOOOO i figured out that my letter i sent last week didnt send:) hahaha so here it is and i'll add a little at the end!:)

(last weeks)
Happy late Easter everyone!!!

Wow i love easter. I hope you all had a chance to watch the video "Beacause of Him" on LDS.org. Holy smokes it was incredible. I think I watched it a total of 50x showing it to everyone. The absolute greatest part about that was that we would hold the ipad for them so they could watch it and i got to see their faces as they watched it! That was probably the greatest part about this easter. The Moms would gather there kids around and read them the words as the pictures showed up. There was not one mom or dad that could make it through without tearing up. It was so sweet. The spirit this easter was amazing! My and sister Woodfield got to sing in our sacrament so that got a lot of our investigators to church!:) We sang "Savior Redeemer, of my soul". it was awesome.

SO our miracle this week: Last P day I wanted to go to good will(washinton DI) and get some things and as we were shopping and woman came up to us and started hugging us saying "Oh sisters! I just love sisters!" we asked her if she was a member and she said no! We ended up getting her address and invited her to church! I have never met someone to willing and open it was awesome! The very next day the YSA sisters that we live with ran into her at the hospital and got her number for us! that was crazy. Then we went to her home for a visit and she explained how she use to investigate the church but chose to go to the baptist one down the street. One year she got surgery and couldn't attend church for a while so this sunday she tried going back and not one person welcomed her in and said hi so she left and the very next day she ran into us at good will and felt she needed to start meeting with the missionaries again!! she came to church and she told us that she wants to be baptized! she is amazing!

I wanted to go over some of the highlights from Conference cause it was seriously incredible. I wrote down 6 questions and they were all answered perfectly. The Church is so true. Its amazin as I've goen back and studied them how much the spirit has taught me.

I loved Gary E Stevens how he said:

"You are an eternal being. This Life is your 4 min to do as the Lord said "We will prove them here with to see if they will do whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them"
He compared our life to our "4 min" and how we He also talked about how the covenants we make with God are our markers

(this week!)

so this weeks updates. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! the end, Fine i'll give a little more detail.
our investigators are doing wonderful!! we put Kayla on date to be baptized may 16th! she is the most prepared person i know! We taught her family last week almost every single day. She has a boy friend who is less active and they have been living together since junior year in high school and STILL NOT MARRIED....i know we had a wonderful talk with them. She is literally willing to do ANYTHING to continue to prepare for baptism. She is planning on getting marries(which is HUGE for her) and she has quit smoking, drinking, and everything else Babylon has help her captive of these past 10 years! She is seriously incredible. She has truly felt the peace this Gospel has to offer and she knows it cant be found any where else!

THE GOSPEL IS SO TRUE. its crazy. I just cant explain how much I just LOVE being a missionary. I see people day after day growing, changing, and experiencing all their Savior has to offer. I can now understand why He told peter " When thou art converted, go and strengthen thy brethren." BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING BETTER. If there is one thing I've grown to love on my mission is all my trials. The closer I get to my Savior the more i learn about who I am and what i need to do to become more like Him. Its hard sometimes but the feeling of overcoming trials is like none other. I am stronger today than 11 months ago in ways i couldnt even describe.

His promise is real!
" 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble;and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselvesbefore me; for if they humble themselves before me, and havefaith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong untothem."

I testify that THAT is Gods truth:)
I love you all!! have an awesome week and make someone elses!

-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment