Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Transfer to LEWISTON, IDAHO and GENERAL CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS!


Hello everyone!!

SO. the transfer news..After a wonderful 8 months.........IM GOING TO LEWISTON 1ST WARD! crazy! I cant even describe to you how perfect it feels! I have guessed right every single time we get transfer calls and when they said Lewiston I KNEW thats exactly where i need to be.

I had to say a lot of goodbyes yesterday and that was pretty hard. I love the people here so much. Sister Colvin was probably the hardest goodbye. She looked at me with tears and said "But we didnt make it to the temple yet." about ripped my heart in half. I told her " Not YET sister Colvin not YET!" Im going to ask my president if I can come back and go through the temple with her when she goes. words cant describe how excited i am for that day. Not to mention Ed, the Heuetts, Sister Weinman, and the Fletchers! They should all be going to the temple within the next 8 months!! This work is so great! I cant even describe how grateful I am to have part in it.

I have seen so many miracles in this area. I know the Lord is behind this work. The greatest miracle I've seen in this area is the way the Lord has changed me. He's taught me so much these last 8 months here. I cannot imagine what He has in store these next 8!

my favorite quotes from conference:
"Love is the very essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ … May we begin now, this very day, to express love to all of God’s children, whether they be our family members, our friends, mere acquaintances, or total strangers,” he said. “As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way.”

"We cannot truly love God if we do not love our fellow travelers on this mortal journey. Likewise, we cannot love our fellow men if we do not love God, the Father of us all. ... We are all spirit children of our Heavenly Father and, as such, are brothers and sisters. As we keep this truth in mind, loving all of God’s children will become easier.”

 I testify that the Lord expects us to bring souls unto Him by inviting ALL men to come unto Christ, and by doing that, find Him ourselves. It truly is “the thing … of the most worth unto you.” (D&C 15:6) Our very ordination is “to preach faith and repentance and remission of sins, according to His word” (D&C 53:3), “that you may bring souls unto him.” It is the greatest offering that man can give to God.

I love you all!! share the gospel and SO WILL I!

-sister scott


No comments:

Post a Comment