Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tanya and Tezaylee


Hello everyone:)

What an amazing week. So everyone in my ward has pretty much been saying bye to me so I'm thinking I might get transfered next week haha not sure how I feel about it but I have felt 100% confident every transfer but I am completely blank this transfer! I have no idea what the Lord has in store.

There is an amazing woman named Tanya that we met this last week. She has been through so much in her life. There has been a lot of sad stories I've heard on my mission but nothing could compare to what Tanya and her family has been through. This week we got to go help her move into a home. she has just gotten out of the hospital with her new baby. and the baby has a severe case of gert (I think that's what its called) and a bunch of other things and is constantly in pain :(

We took Tanya to the Women's broadcast this last saturday and she was crying the whole time all the 8 year olds stood up. We were so worried about her baby though The most amazing part was, her baby for the first time that night stopped crying as all the women started to sing! After the conference we asked if the stake president could give her a blessing. She was screaming the whole night up until the moment the Stake President put their hands on her head. SHE WAS SILENT THE WHOLE BLESSING!  Her baby Tezaylee kept shifting her head and looking up behind our shoulders the whole time and smiling and there was no one behind us. Tanya said that was the first time she saw Tezaylee smile in weeks! We have seen so many miracles with Tanya and her family! I know the Lord has big plans for them.

The core of my testimony is that the Gospel blesses us. I know God has given us this glad message so that we can have the best life possible. Also the knowledge that has come to me from living the Gospel is priceless, it has given me an eternal perspective to all things. I am able to know where I must stand in all situations and will be able to stand on the Lord's side each time. I know that God loves each and everyone one of his children. If we have eyes to see His hand in our lives we will be amazed at how close he is. He hears and answers our prayers exactly, I have had my prayers both heard, acknowledged and answered. Heavenly Father constantly looks for ways to bless His children.

We must develop the capacity to see men not as they are at present but as they may become.

You are constantly surrounded by your brothers and sisters! I want you all to do everything in your power to reach out and lift someone up. everyday bring someone closer to Christ and I promise you will come so much closer to Him in the process. I love you all so much! have a great week and see miracles!

-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment