Monday, May 12, 2014

BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!

Lewiston, Idaho

Hello family and friends!!

    AHHH! What an amazing day yesterday. It was so good to see you all and hear your voices!! Some missionaries worry that skyping will distract them from the work and make them focus on home for the next little while but GOD IS GOOD! I have never had a problem with things like that my whole mission. If anything it gives me that extra drive and push to try my best each and every day. I absolutely LOVED getting to hear about your missionary work. That means more to me than anything in the whole world. "The true sign on conversion is to share the gospel", I KNOW THATS TRUE! its incredible what sharing what you know to be true can do for your testimony. Conversion is a real process and a daily decision! Your understanding of the gospel and desire to learn more just burns within you and you soon enough you can HELP but share it!

This week I have been studying a lot about faith and how it is SO much more than just a belief in Jesus Christ. Faith is a principle of ACTION! and as we act in faith then the Lord is ABLE to work miracles according to your faith in Him. Me and my companion gave a training on planning with faith and binding the Lord to the goals that you set!  We taught them " In order for the Lord to work through you, you must have limitless faith. Break the bands you have set for yourself and with faith let the lord do His work!" WE HAVE SEEN MIRACLES!

To further explain.. President Mullen gave a training to our whole Zone. We met at the Moscow university church building and President told us of a little faith experiment he wanted to do with us as a Zone. He sent out 2 missionaries to contact on the street. He would give them 5 min and if they didn't bring someone back to be taught then he would send out 2 more missionaries and so forth until they had some one to teach. WE WERE TERRIFIED. First off we were on a huge hill so it would take forever to run were there were actually people outside. After 6 min the sisters brought back a young adult girl named Haley. President explained to her that two missionaries would teach her at the front of the room so we as a group could understand how to be better teachers. She was a totally sweet heart and gladly excepted! As the missionaries began to get her religious background Haley said, "It's actually funny that you ask because I haven't really grown up with a firm belief but lately I have tried praying..and I asked God to help me learn more about Him." EVERY missionaries was on the edge of their seat. They taught her the whole restoration and the Joseph Smiths first vision and she was listening so intently and answering ever question perfectly! The spirit was so incredibly strong there was not a dry eye in that whole conference. The president then told her he would ask her some questions to evaluate the missionaries teaching and Haley stopped him and asked president if the missionaries could continue teaching!! They gave her a book of Mormon and she clung onto it and said she would read it. They then asked her to be baptized and she looked up crying and said yes!! President later asked her how she knew it was true and she said, "I could feel something as the missionaries taught me and it told me that it was true, and when they asked me to be baptized I felt it the strongest." She looked out into the crowd of missionaries and smiled with tears in her eyes and said "thank you for finding me!"

IT WAS LIKE A MOVIE!!!! it was so unreal it was incredible!!! President said he has done that experiment with all the zones and they have seen miracles every single time. It was the greatest testimony builder that THIS IS THE LORDS WORK. He is the one placing them in out path from our faith combined as a zone! He wants so badly for all His children to come to the knowledge of His restored gospel and He is more than capable of providing the means if we will just have faith and be obedient to do His work!

Words could never describe how grateful I am to be a part of that work and I will FOREVER be His missionary. God is good. His church is so true. His plan is perfect. What else can I say... I am happy:) I LOVE THE GOSPEL! The One and only way to come to come to know these things for yourself is by living them. Ask the missionaries..they'll teach you how!:)

I love you all soooo much!!! thank you all for the incredible love and support:) I wouldn't be here without you! I'll see y'all soon:)

-Sister Scott


I've never been sung happy birthday to "Sister Scott" before!

Braiding a Horses Hair!

Best Birthday Present Ever!! Skyping her best friend Elder Cude in Costa Rica with his Companion Supervising in the Background.... :)

Drawing the Plan of Salvation with the Side walk Chalk I gave her for Easter!  Glad she made great use of it!!

This is a PIcture of Lewiston, Idaho... Brooke affectionately calls it LEWISTANK! Because of all the paper factories!

No comments:

Post a Comment