Monday, May 5, 2014

Mom I love YOU!


Happy Mothers week Mother!!!!!
I love yooooouuu!!!:)

This is going to be a very eventful week! I get to talk to my family on MOTHERS DAY which jus so happens to be my BIRTHDAY!! God is good. That is by far the greatest birthday present in the whole world!

Family: I want you to spoil the HECK out of mom, get her flowers, make her breakfast, take her to movies(no matter how badly she says she wants to go by herself..weird i know), clean the whole house, go on morning walks in the mountains, kade: wash her car? Dad get her flowers, everyone be nice to each other, Josh dont bug the girls! (there is beauty all around when there is love at home) , sweep the floor, do the dishes,  and don't you DARE let  her lift a finger!
......I got you mom;) sit back relax and enjoy the fruits of having so many dang children.

So this week was wonderful..Every week is wonderful. but THIS week was especially great. We ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant in down town Lewiston called taco cecys and as we were all leaving I felt i needed to talk to this one girl eating at the bar. I sat by her and introduced myself and found out she was a less active! she referred us to do some service for a little carnival and we brought our whole district to help. There wasn't much to do so we started to draw a GIANT diagram of the plan of salvation on the parking lot. IT WAS SO COOL! We had so many people looking at it and asking questions it was awesome!! I was talking with the radio announcer person and got them to say our churches name over the radio! "we have some wonderful missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saint down here helping out!" It was so cool to hear! Just goes to show you what can happen by just talking with one person!

That is something I've been learning a lot about, the worth of souls. So we taught Kayla (our investigator on date for the 16th) about the law of tithing this week and it was so amazing. She has been clean for a whole week and we have been seeing her everyday to help her. Her family has been through so much and we were so nervous to teach the law of tithing because they can barely keep enough to feed their family and little boy jayden. At the very beginning of the lesson kayla said "Where can i go to pay my tithing? Can i pay tomorrow?"...me and my companion just sat there for a little bit in shock haha. she says "I know i need to pay tithing and that it's real" She had an experience last christmas she had no money left to pay rent or to buy a christmas for her son. One day she was down town riding the subway back and forth and a woman came out of no where and said "The Lord told me you will need this more than me" she handed her 50$ and told her to get her son a good Christmas. When she looked up to thank the woman she was gone and there was no one left in the subway station! CRAZY!! but she said every since that day she has wanted to pay some sort of tithing so she can pay back whatever she has to the Lord!

The faith of the people I've met out here is incredible. It strengthens my faith every day and gives me a greater desire to trust in my Savior more fully. There will be so many trials and challenges in life but if there is ONE thing that can make them lighter its Trust in Jesus Christ and His gospel. My faith in my Savior has grown so much out here because I have had experiences where i have TRULY come to know Him and what He can do for me. He has proven to me over and over that His way is the happiest way. I have seen so many take the alternative route and ending up, hurt, depressed, confused, and desperately seeking a way out. I KNOW without a doubt that the Gospel of Jesus Christ provides that Clear, peaceful, fulfilling, and LASTING joy. Obedience isn't restricting. Obedience to His law is what liberating. I am living proof of that and i have never felt so free in my life. When you can see both paths IT IS THE ONLY INTELLIGENT THING TO DO! I love this Gospel. I know my Savior lives. I know My Father in Heaven loves me. There is no greater truth than the one i share right now!!

I love you all and I hope all you mothers have an incredible mothers day!!:)
Ash and Brit: Keep being the incredible mothers i know you are!!
I LOVE YOU MOOOOOOOM!!!!! thank you for all you have done, do, and will do for me! No matter where I am, I feel your love everyday!

-Love, Sister Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment