Wednesday, July 9, 2014

ED!!!....and TRANSFER BEGUN! New Companion Sister Brown

hELLO family!! Well, the atonement is real. Crazy awesome week of transfers. Sister Woody is now in Spokane and I go to pick up sister Brown on Tuesday in Moscow! Then the next day we traveled to spokane for MLC then we trained at Zone Conference on Wednesday! The whole first part of the week was pretty much a Bluuurr. BUT that did not keep up from our proselyting duties! Every place we stopped and got out and talked to everyone we saw, Found some new investigators for some lucky missionaries and gave away tons of mormon.org cards. Talking to people is probably one of my favorite things in the whole world, Its like an art. Going up to a total stranger and getting to know their life and background by a few questions on their religious beliefs and solving all lives problems with a simple message that Christ is their Savor! The spirit is incredible. I love it. For the past few months i have been keeping tabs on Ed, in my last area. Ed is like my best friend in the whole world out here. Some of the most sacred lessons of my mission have been with Ed. They said he was doing awesome, Finally quite smoking or a little while then bam, last week started up again and for some reason stopped letting the missionaries come to his home. On our way back from MLC (which is in my last area Belle Terre) I had a strong feeling that I needed to go and see him. President gave me permission to go so i hurry and wrote him a letter on the drive over and was so surprised with how bold i was being with him. I felt so strongly to say the things i did and and i loved him too much NOT to say those thongs..so..I did it. I was praying the whole way over that he would be home cause i knew he worked this hour and sure enough we show up and his door is wide open!!and he's sitting there smoking a cigarette, "ED!" i screamed, "OHh well, sisstter..i uh" he was so shocked haha "WHat you doin ED?!" we started to laugh and he came out side and we talked. He is such a humble man. He's gotten into some bad things and made some mistakes, I bore my testimony to him and said how Heavenly Father sent me to kick him in the butt and say "get moving!" "dont you dare take your eyes off the temple ed!" He said he wouldn't and we just cried. Ugh Ed.. He will forever have a place in my heart! He's taught me so much. I've learned a lot about finding true lasting happiness in life and why it is essential to CLING to the gospel with everything you have. Satan will do all he can to cloud our visions of whats most important and all our Heavenly Father asks for is progression. If we stand still we back slide. Everyday we choose to step closer to Him, we become more free. I'm learning the Atonement is what gives us the energy to do so. Its SO real!​ I'm so grateful for transfers. It's tough getting use to change, but it helps me to come to know my Savior a lot more. Its so worth it. When things are unfamiliar my eyes are more focused, me heart is more open, and my hears and more in tune to hear His voice. I have seen miracles this week and I know its all because of HIM!! He is so good! What he's taught me this week is Love is all you need as a missionary. Love Him, Love them, and Love yourself. you do that, everything else falls into place. Change is nothing cause His love is ALWAYS familiar. I expect you all to get your butts out there and do some missionary work!!! Times a tickin! Love y'all! BYe! -sister scott This is ED!
Sister Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment