Monday, July 28, 2014

Sorry it's a short letter!

This week has seriously flown by, I don't even know what has happened. hahah To update you on all those we're teaching: Lori, Micahlyn, and akeira(no clue on the spelling): But they are all incredible. Lori got out of jail last December with nothing but the clothes on her back. She now has her own apartment, car, and has gotten 3 out of her 4 children back from foster care. She has been through more than any women I know. She invited us to come to her addiction recovery graduation down town and we did that on thurday! We passed around a "serenity" rock and listed ways Lori has impacted our lives and gave her a spiritual gift to continue forward with:) It was so odd but SO COOL! It took everything in my power not to make all those women stand up and recite the young womens theme together! Seriously that would've made my life! The spirit was so strong in there tho. Lori and her daughters are progressing SO well in the gospel! It has given her so much strength to continue forward pursuing joy that will last her and her family forever! Well..no time to update you on everyone else so I will just leave you with my testimony!! Holy smokes the Lord has taught me so much this week. Things are getting a little crazy knowing they're not going to last forever. He helps me find so much joy in the little things and continues to bless me as I live with a greatful heart. He truly has made the impossible possible for me out here. Progression is something I have gained a deep appreciation for. That is all He wants for His children. He promised me that If I use His atonement my imperfections will be perfect for what is needed in that moment and He never demands I be successful, just faithful. It feels so good to do His work. It changes you:) -sister scott
Proof the atonement is stronger than addiction. I could die of joy. The temple is finally more important to her than the things of this world:) we are preparing to go together in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment