Monday, July 28, 2014

Modest is Hottest..... LITERALLY!

Hello everyone! This has been one HOT week. I'm not even kidding, EVERY SINGLE DAY has reached above 100. that's like the norm. If I come outside and I don't cook immediately I say "wow its only like 94 right now...not bad." Oh and not to mention we're the ONLY people in Lewiston that like to wear clothing. haha you gotta get real creative as a sister to lighten up on the clothing and still remain modest. cardians and all.. Its a struggle. But the sunsets here in the summer time are seriously amazing. In our new apartment we have a small deck you can see all the way to the clear water and snake river! I found a rocking chair no one wanted and I put it outside for nightly planning:) its a dream. We also have the BEST neighbors. they are yong colledge student who have smore parties almost every night and we sit around their grill and talk about religious stuff. They will be baptized one day. Another Plus about summer time here is the PRODUCE. I swear I will have a monstrous garden when im home and just live off of that. The best is there is wild plants everywhere by our apartment. Every morning we go walking or running and I go up the hill and stop at my Plum-cott tree (Plum and apricot mix) then the wild blackberry bushes at the top, pick the cherry tree on the way down, then apricots if the neighbors aren't outside (just kidding they said I could have some). That's basically my breakfast so work out time kills two birds with one stone. Not to mention the ward members all have cows and chickens so we're always stocked with eggs. I love Lewiston. We get to do LOTS of fun service too. This week an investigator in another area asked to get some help from some missionaries. We show up to this big metal fence and she said she needed help moving it from one side of her yard to the other. I checked the posts.. "Yep its cemented into the ground." Not one elder showed up that morning. No matter, 6 sisters did and we learned that IF THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY. We did it. Don't ask me how. Actually the power of God, that's how. It was awesome. I also loaded a uhal the other day and I've officially learned the tecniques of loading couches, beds, and giant 1000 lb dressers. Who needs elders? Not these sistas. We do a lot of gardening and things like that too which I love. Miracles: A couple months ago me and sister woodfield got a referral for a former investigator named Dave Spence. before I was there they tried his house many times and he never answered. So we tried calling and calling with no luck. Months later me and sister Brown are contacting some less actives in North Lewiston and that area is huge and not very populated so we don't spend a lot of time there. But I felt for some reason we needed to park further down the street just in case someone starts walking outside. 105 degrees with a tumble weed blowing cross the street. We headed back to our car and In the corner of my eye is see this man up this looong drive way sitting on his porch. He was smoking a cigarette and sister Brown looked at me and said "He looks like he'll shoot us if we step foot on his property" haha but we ask the spirit and we felt good about it so me marched up the steep driveway with him watching us the whole way up(it was really awkward) but finally I called out and said "Hey! sir! How are you doing today?!" after a long walk over to us he asked if we could share a message with him, ASKED us. We had an awesome discussion with him!! Turns out he has been reading the Book of Mormon every night, he use to attend church, but he hasn't been able to quit smoking for years so he couldn't be baptized. His doctor told him he would die if he stopped, but I know the Atonement is stronger than ANY doctor! when I asked him his name he said "David." after a long pause the spirit yelled in my ear ITS DAVE SPENCE!! "Is your last name spence?" "Yes it is" it was crazy!! Such a miracle the Lord led us strait to him. Situations like that have happened so many times it's crazy. In a whole city, the Lord leads us exactly where he wants us to be. There is no other explanation! I cant describe how greatful I am for this time to see the Lords hand so actively! He lives and His work is not frustrated by man. He is perfect and His plan is a happy one. Follow it! I love you all so much and your continually in my prayers:) -sister scott made a booth for pioneer day celebration!:) the kids loved it..thats about it
STRUGGLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment