Monday, November 3, 2014

This is what the Lord is teaching me.


Hello Family!

Its been a great week:) Im gonna email you in a few days so I'm just gonna make this one short. But I truly am so grateful to be here. I love this gospel more than I could ever explain In words. The people I have met out here have changed my life for ever. I am humbled everyday. I am growing stronger each day too. The atonement has truly taken affect on me these last few months and I'm beginning to see how much the Lord truly has changed me. I am so much happier. He has taught me where and how to find true and lasting happiness. This world is so confusing and empty without the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I see people running on this hamster wheel of life and getting so tired, and It just makes me want to cry. I wish everyone was humble enough to accept the message that their Savior offers. Accepting the agency of others has probably been the single most hardest thing my mission has put me through. It has given me a whole new perspective of the Love our Father in Heaven must have for us. Agency truly is a divine gift!

I was reflecting back to an experience I had a few weeks ago. I just experienced a pretty rough set back and was praying to have to strength to continue in the path. You know that feeling when you make a mistake and you feel this burden of guilt? I do. everyday haha we all make mistakes and our soul desires to be freed from it! There is typically two voices that enter my head. One says "Your an idiot, why couldn't you have just don't THIS or do that? You are just not good enough" and the other -completely opposite says, "Don't you dare lose hope, I'm still here, Its never too late," And repentance seems so sweet. This is a quote from a talk in general Conference I read that helped me to better discern which thoughts are from my Heavenly Father and which aren't.

6. Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience. Remember that you are here to be proved and tested, “to see if [you] will do all things whatsoever the Lord [your] God shall command [you]” (Abraham 3:25)—and may I just add, “under all circumstances.” Millions of your brothers and sisters have been or are being thus tested, so why would you be exempt? Some trials come through your own disobedience or negligence. Other trials come because of the negligence of others or simply because this is a fallen world. When these trials come, the adversary’s minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say, “I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn’t it?” Then partner with Him to endure well to the end. Spiritual confidence increases when you accept that “often trials and tribulations are allowed to come into [your life] because of what [you] are doing right” (Glenn L. Pace, “Crying with the Saints” [Brigham Young University devotional, Dec. 13, 1987], 2; speeches.byu.edu).

I LOVE THAT! Partner with Him and endure well. THAT is was His atonement provides. When all others fail, HE is there to lift you to the finish line. His grace is sufficient to carry you through any trial, set back, or disappointment. My prayer is that none of you EVER listen to a voice that is not Loving, patient, and Kind. He loves you perfectly, I am a living witness of what His love can do for a person.

favorite scripture of the week: Isaiah 10:27
" And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing."

I Love you all, I love this Gospel and testify of its truthfulness. Have a great week and find the joy is all you do! Its there, Promise!

-Sister Scott


Well lookie here...

Downtown Coure 'd 'alene boardwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment