Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween Errbody....!


Hey family!

got my last transfer call last night:) I will be staying in Post Falls until the end! Sister Shelton will be my co pilate on this magic carpet ride...I'm super stoked.The Lord has blessed us so much this week!! We have had so many new investigators popping up out of no where!

Gerson was batized yesterdayyy! It was such an amazing baptism. His parents (both non members) picked us up and drove us to the church. It was awesome getting to talk to them. Their hearts were really softened at the baptism. His seminary class sang Joseph Smiths first prayer. His best friend from school baptized him (I think he was more nervous than Gerson was!) It was so sweet! Afterwards Gerson bore his testimony and spoke about how he knew there were two boys in heaven who promised they would find each other and the one would bring the other into the gospel. It was the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to on my mission! He truly has such a great path set before him. He is meeting with the Bishop next sunday to talk about getting the priesthood and getting a temple recommend to do baptisms! He has expressed how he wants to serve a mission in the next couple years. This guy is just on fire with the gospel right now....NEXT STOP CELESTIAL KINGDOM!


Heres a miracle:
So a few weeks ago we get a call from the CDA sisters. They have a referral of a girl who named McKenzie who is dying to be baptized but they have no phone or address where she will be living, just that she will be moving into our area. GREAT. So we pray and pray for this gal and nothing happens for weeks.

Just this last Saturday we were riding around in the rain and I forgot to layer up on my jackets. The wind was blowing and going back home to layer up sounded SOO tempting. The house was about a mile or so away and I wanted to hit these houses before we went back for dinner. We cross the street and there is no soul in sight. No one is answering their doors and Im like "Ok Heavenly Father. what do you want us to do? cause if its knocking all these doors and no ones home, I'll do it, but I feel you got something more for us out here." Finally we go to Jessica's home, a former investigator and we see a family moving stuff from their van into the house. We hop off our bikes and start helping them. First thing she says "You sisters always seem to find me no matter where I go." I looked at her kinda funny and just said, "God works in mysterious ways." When I asked her name she said. "McKenzie." oh cool....hmm....MCKENZIE from CDA! I tried to calm myself down a bit.." Well McKenzie, Could we share a message with you and your Father?" she smiled and said, "Yes please come in." We got to share the Book of Mormon with her father for the first time and on top of all that we found out she is living with a less active family that the ward has been trying to see for years! So we're teaching all of them now!

If there is one thing my mission has taught me its that, we have absolutely NO idea what the Lord has in store. All we can do is be obedient, have faith, and work! My favorite story right now in the Book of Mormon is in ether 2. The story of the Brother of Jared where he is told to cross the ocean to the promised land. The Lord specifically tells him NOT to stop at the shore but to continue on to the promise land.. and what does he do? Camps on the shore for 4 YEARS. The Lord Chastens Him for not calling upon him to do what the Lords needs Him to do next. I find myself forgetting to call upon the Lord all the time and "Settling" when I could be progressing and striving for His will and promise land.

This story has taught me that the Lord has a far greater vision for us than we could EVER obtain ourselves. Our will is but a seashore when His is the PROMISE LAND. Why should we EVER settle for anything less than that? We got to stay in communication with Him, Repent, and go to work. Keep going forward no matter how much or how little of our path we can see ahead. If we are living His gospel, We are on course to the promise land. With Him as our guide, we will never be lost. He lights the path to true and lasting happiness.

24 "For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
 25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come.."

Holy Smokes I love the scriptures. FEAST upon them every day!! I love you all!

-sister scott


Gerson's baptism

"Hey, would you like to see my puppet collection?".... "sure"....
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

Trunk or Treating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment