Thursday, November 20, 2014

Tri Force.... ENGAGE! 11/10/2014


Hello Family!

Wow what an awesome week. So Monday night of transfers we get a call at 10:20 from my best friend in the world, sister Call. She says "So..did the ap's tell you you're getting my companion?" NO. then BAM sister Tureson shows up the next morning:) WE ARE NOW IN A TRIPANIONSHIP! We call ourselves the tri force. Its legit. You should see us all 3 riding our bikes down the street in our black jackets and skirts... we look like a biker gang! I would be terrified if I saw us. We look awesome.

We now live with 5 sisters...one bathroom. Pray for us. So far things are going great! We have seen so many miracles! We all three got to speak in church on sunday. I taught the restoration, Sister Shelton taught the plan of salvation, and sister Tureson taught the gospel over the pulpit. It was so powerful!

Gerson was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latterday saints yesterday and his mom came to church!! She talked to a lot of the Spanish speakers in the ward so that was awesome!

We also started another sugar fast for one of our part member families, the Marlatts. The Wife is a non member and is dying to be baptized but wants her husband to be able to baptize her before Christmas so they can get sealed in the salt lake temple next year around Christmas time. She has had this plan layed out for MONTHS! SO we decided to fast together to help him quit chewing tobacco. So far things are going great and she should be baptized the Saturday before I go home! Im so excited for them but cant WAIT to see them in the salt lake temple. They both grew up on a farm and invited us today to go slaughter chickens today...Sister Tureson grew up on a farm as well and was WAY too excited. So looks like that for our family fun activity for the day. PRAY FOR ME. The things you do on your mission... I swear. The Marlatts say, "all these traits you learn on you mission will prepare you to find a mate!" and I say "Ya nothing says romance like a chicken with it's head ripped off!" So we'll see how this goes down.

I am continually being humbled to see all the tender mercies around me. There is nothing like being a full time servant of the Lord. I will forever be a missionary. I love this gospel with my whole heart. I see the Atonement working each day, building me, strengthening me, and comforting me. My Savior Lives. There is no doubt about that.

I love you all! have a good week!
-sister scott
All for one and one for all!  Huckleberry truffles are the BOMB!

No comments:

Post a Comment