Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I Sure Am Grateful!


Hey there!

I got to go to the temple today:) Can't describe what an experience it has been to go to the temple as a missionary. The moment you walk through those doors, you can just feel the angles slowly lift the mantel from your shoulders. That Is what I'm most grateful for. I will forever be Sister Scott, but in there, Im just His daughter. Its the best. Im grateful when you come out they don't just smach the mantel back on but the drive away is where you start to feel it settle back on, but its different. You feel stronger cause you have received renewed strength! I love being a disciple of Jesus Christ. It is the single most hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I would do it all over again if He asked. This peace beats everything.

Just because Im getting closer doesn't mean that It gets easier. It's quite the opposite in fact. haha He continues to pour out His tender mercies tho, that's for sure. Our Sugar fast for Brother Marlatt has provided an amazing miracle, ANNA (his wife) Is on date to be baptized!!!!! To make it even better its the SATURDAY BEFORE I GO HOME!!:) The Lord is good. Before we left there home after a lesson He turns and says, "Hey remember, when you tried to give us a date to work towards? well...we could probably do that now." YES!! It was awesome.

Autumn and her daughter Elizabeth are doing great! she brought her son to boy scouts this last week and during out lesson I pulled out the restoration pamphlet and Elizabeth stopped me and said, "I already read that whole pamphlet." hahah and when I asked her what her favorite part about reading the Book of Mormon is she said "I thought it was amazing how Neh-fie slayed Lay-bon." Ya I like that too haha.they are awesome. Im sad I wont get to be here for there baptisms but I told them I would be there in spirit:)

I finished the Book Of Mormon this morning for the 2nd time on my mission. It's amazing how you can read and read and read and the spirit teaches you so much more than the time before. Line upon line. The greatest thing I got from the Book of Mormon this time is just how merciful the Lord is to His children. I cant even Fathom the pain He has felt and seen from the disobedience of His children and yet His arm is stretched out still to ALL who will humble come unto Him.

I love how this is described in Helaman 3.
 27 "Thus we may see that the Lord is merciful unto all who will, in the sincerity of their hearts, call upon his holy name.
 28 Yea, thus we see that the gate of heaven is open unto alleven to those who will believe on the name of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God.
 29 Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles ofthe devil,(awesome promise) and lead the man of Christ in strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked—
 30 And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holyfathers, to go no more out."
I love how He doesn't say It will lead them AWAY from the gulf of misery but THROUGH it. We all will go through trials and for those who do not hold to the word of God, Satan has prepared their fall. I have seen so many tricked into the "cunning snares and whiles of the devil." Not all of God children will make it, but He has made it possible so we can. He has left that decision up to us. I am so grateful for my Savior. He is the "way the truth and the life." He has become my best friend. This last first in Helaman describes what I have received.
35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humilityand firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy andconsolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.
There is no greater joy:) I testify of that with my whole heart.
Love you all! Have an amazing Thanksgiving! I truly am grateful for all of you.
“And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.” (D&C 78:19).
-Sister Scott

They call me the "Black Sheep"
...but I just don't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment