Tuesday, October 8, 2013

General Conference Week!


Hello family!!
 
Never in my life have I watched all sessions of conference and LOVED IT. well this week..i did. Oh my goodness it was so wonderful. Best part is when he said "we don't get good at basket ball by watching tv, we improve when we apply the principles we learn and live them!" That's exactly true. I've learned so much from really dissecting the conference talks and applying them to my life! The words of the prophets are so amazing! Family, and friends...from a missionary to a member WE NEED YOUR HELP. these talks on member missionary work have been soo inspired I was shaking with happiness when they were giving them! THAT is what we need and that truly is the only way that this work will go forward! So I want you all to pray for missionary opportunities and then write me all of your amazing miracles. The first time I prayed for a missionary miracle THEY CHANGED THE AGE so don't tell me prayer doesn't work! hahah miracles have not ceased my friends. He is more than willing to give us the opportunities if we truly desire to have them!:)
 
Not gonna lie, the work has been pretty rough this week. We just lost our only investigator from a disease called NOT ELECT. But it is ok because the Lord is preparing SO many peoples hearts and He will provide miracles this week. I can feel it.  I had the biggest tender mercy of my whole mission the other day. We just got finished with an awesome church tour with Katie (our last investigator) and I was so bummed cause you could just see she wasn't progressing and she didn't want to meet anymore. We walked around the building to shut off the lights and we see these two adorable little boys sitting on the couch. Even though I was not really in the mood. I felt so prompted to talk to these little boys and teach them something. He
 
 I said "hey boys. how old are you?" one said 7 and one said 6. "ooh you're both getting close to be baptized that's exciting!" I pulled out a pen and sat next to him. I explained the holy ghost to him like the cap on a pen. When we make right choices the cap comes on and tells us we did a good job. when we make wrong choices the cap leaves. But when you are baptized you receive the GIFT of the holy ghost(and you click the cap on the pen) and say "and the Holgy Ghost becomes your constant companion" (turn the pen upside down and shake it) "even when things gets hard, the Holy Ghost wont ever leave you" We gave them both a pen and He says "Wow that is the best gift ever!" hahah then He got really serious and sad. He says "But I don't have a father." I sat back down and said "Do you remember the spirit we talked about? When you feel that, that is your Heavenly Father telling you that He loves you and He is always watching over you." He got so excited and said "I can feel it right not! I'm feeling it!..it feels so good like my heart is really warm." It took every ounce of my SOUL not to burst out into tears of joy because He truly was feeling the spirit cause in that moment I felt is so strongly too! He says "I think Heaven is really close to me." Could children be anymore elect? I don't think so. The scriptures aren't kidding when they say become as a little child. If we were all meek and submissive like that we would always feel of our Heavenly Fathers love and recognize what an amazing gift that is!
 
To top is all off He says "hey are you a missionary?" I said "Well, How did you know that?" Thinking he'd say, cause you tag or cause you taught me the gospel but out of all things He says "Because your pretty". AAAAH I about died. I felt like a Disney princess that the kids run up to at Disney land. hahaha I love being a missionary. I have never in my life felt so much love from my Heavenly Father. Heaven truly is so close to us and if we just take those small moments to look for it we will be amazed at how much He truly is influencing our lives. "pray to see with spiritual eyes the effects of His power" I pray for that every morning and it's changed my whole mission. I love you all and pray for you everyday and prayer is real! Love you guys so much. I'll see ya soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment