Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Halloween!


THE HAPPIEST OF HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE!!!
 
I don't even think I can describe my excitement for Halloween. I. LOVE. HALLOWEEN. I love it. Our rules on Halloween is proselyte until 7pm then we have the rest of the night to ourselves! I shall be making a Halloween feast, carving pumpkins, painting pumpkins, eating something pumpkin, and watching the testiments! Im seriously debating on creating my own indoor haunted house..Someone call the cops! it might get a little wild! hahahaha sister scott on the loose. ANYWAY!
 
This week I went on exchanges with a sister in the Spanish branch and it was the funnest thing in the whole world! I absolutely love going to the Spanish area because everyone is so friendly and I get to say Hola all the time. Hermana Dishong taught me how to pray in Spanish and I have been practicing and practicing! We got to got to this Spanish members home and she made the most amazing food ever and they invited an investigator that the missionaries have never taught before. we walked in and I did my whole "hola mucho gusto" thing and then Hermana Dishong has them ask me to say the opening prayer for his first lesson! ONE. I haven't understood a single word since I stepped through the door so my brain was fuzzier than a peach. TWO: I haven't prayed in front of people especially an investigator and the two Spanish elders that were there too! THREE: My mind blanked from fear and I couldn't even think of how to start! to say the least, I was terrified. I smiled and said........SI. hahah I bow my head and close me eyes(I sat in silence for about 14 whole seconds) PRAYing the lord would fill my head with words! I opened my mouth and started speaking and the Spanish started to flow out of my mouth without me even fully understanding what I was saying. Everything I had studied (that day) was flooding my mind and the spirit was so strong It felt like my chest was on fire. The spirit was so strong I knew without a doubt the Lord was helping me. When I said Amen Sister Dishong looked at me astonished and I looked right back with the same face! hahah it was so amazing. I felt like a missionary. LOOK OUT SPOKANE IM GOIN SPANISH! just kidding... but that would be magnifico <--(see im basically fluent)
 
So this sunday me and my companion sang in the choir and we sung my most favorite song in the whole world. its called fear not and my favorite part is the second verse.
2. When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be they supply.
The flame shall not hurt thee; my only design
Is to make you more holy, more pure, and refined.
A mission is the greatest thing that has every happened to me. It is most definitelty NOT easy haha Im pushed out of my comfort zone every second of everyday but I wouldn't have it any other way. There is no growth in the comfort zone and there is no comfort in the growth zone.  It's in those hard moments that I am completely dependent upon my savior and "His grace, has been my supply". He said "without me, ye can do nothing," I testify that THAT is Gods truth. My Savior truly is building me into something so much greater than what I had planned for myself. I feel happier. I feel more capable. I can carry so much more on my shoulders because He is the one strengthening me and carrying it with me. That's a relationship I will carry with me through the rest of my life. No matter how hard things might be "His only design is to make us more holy more pure and refined". I love you all soo much! have an amazing Halloween and I will see ya'll soon!:)
love, sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment