Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Hello everyone!!

           wow I cant even think of what happened this week IT FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY! So this week we had TONS and tons of meetings on how to be effective missionaries. From this huge change in age more than HALF of the missioanries that are out right now have been out less than 6 months..crazy so we're all like chickens running around with their heads cut off..luckily the spirit doesnt need a head to preform miracles! I continue to see so many instances that we are not doing this work alone. I think it was Elder Holland that said "if a Book of Mormon had legs, we would send IT on a mission instead of you!" HAHAHAHHA i take no offence cause I testify that THAT is true! haha the best lessons we have is when we let the spirit work through us and get out of the way and power of the Book of Mormon. There is such an amazing spirit that comesf rom reading the Book of Mormon.
            Continuing my goal to never pass a single person, We were street contacting and I saw this guy at a barbecue in his back yard. He peaked around the corner of his back yard and then turned back around. The spirit very sternly told me "there he is." I said "OH no spirit, Im not going in this guys back yard in front of all his family..ok if he looks ever at us one more time I'll know you want me to go" Sure enough he looks stait at me and without noticing my feet started strait for him! My trainee looks at me like "what are you DOING sister your crazy!" hahah poor girl. Awkwardly I walk up to that guy and ask Him if he has a church he's going to. He says yes and like clockwork, his wife is right next to his side and says "we are not interested..goodbye" I pull out the Book of mormon and I look at him and asked if i could leave my card with him and he smiled and said "that would be great. thank you". Just small little things like that happen every day. I dont fully understand why or what that does in the long run but I leave with the most amazing feeling of love know Heavenly Father see's the effect of small acts like that.
           The spirit is so amazing, I've never felt it so strong in my life that out here. It becomes more and more familiar and recognisable as I am obedient to it. On my planner I wrote. "If the sprit promts me to do something, I act. If i think its the sprit prompting me, I act. If i have the smallest thoguht that the spirit might be prompting me, I act." Its when we keep that mentality is when we build that trust that Heavenly Father that he can count on us to obey anything He decides to throw our way. I feel so much closer to my savior I truly want to see everyone as HE see's them. I read this quote when I dont want to talk to anymore rude people haha

 "if you knew that only a few would care that you came, would you still come? If you knew that those you loved would laugh in your face, would you still care? If you know the tongues you have made would mock you, the mouths you've made would spit at you, the hands you've made would crucify you, would you still make them? Christ did."
 No matter how bad people treat you, or dont appreciate the sacrafice you're making, Christ does. He is the most perfect example of charity. Everything I'm learning reflects back to the Savior and the atributes He had. The more we become like Him the happier and closer we will be to Him. I am so happy. I love my Savior and will forever be greatful for His atoning sacrafice that enables me every day!!
love you all!! see ya soon:)
-sister scott


*quotes from my companion this week..(hopefully this will give you a good glimps of how hilarious she is hahaha) she REEEALLY likes writing fictinal fantasy crap..I mean stuff. its funny the things she says.
 "HEY look! that sign has the same same as a fictional character of mine!"-seriously sister johnson? you're a missionary not jk rowling
one day we were role playing the plan of salvation to an investogators needs and right in the middle of a really spiritual part she stops me and say
"you just converted my favorite character!" C'MON SISTER! hahah she's crazy but I seriously love her .haha She's obbsessed with aname and writing fantacy fiction novels. at least she promised to turn me into one of her characters...
I CAUGHT HER FALLING ASLEEP IN CHURCH!! hahaha im good
this is a beatiful picture of a rainbow and the temple:) almost as good as yours mom!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment