Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week before transfers, splits with Spanish companions and searching for investigators. Oct. 14, 2013


HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY DDAAAADD!!!! I love you SOOOS so much!:)
 
Well hello everyone!!
     This week has been a little crazy! I have been soo teacher hungary cause we have not had ANY invetigators(ther is nothing worse as a missioanry) Its almost like a cougar in the dessert. a monkey in a pine tree. Im starving for feeding the human soul with spiritual knowledge or like a waterfall holding the fountain of youth water while being blocked by the hoover dam. Ok..anyway.
  
 It only made matters worse when we got to go on exchanges this week with our sister training leader sister dishong (she is the spanish sister that lived in my apartment in my first area) so that was SOOO much fun to go back and see my old room! I always learn tons of spanish whenever I go cause all their investogators are spanish speaking. I always get a good ol laugh every time i open my mouth. Sister dishong walks up to a man and says (in spanish)"hey how is it going? my name is hermana dishong and this is my companion sister scott. she cant speak spanish..all she can say is 'Hi how are you' " (thats my cue) and i say "o la..Mucho Gusto" and they laugh everytime. Occasionally I'll throw in a Si or magnifico.. Im a good ice breaker. I also tell people I have a blue bicycle! haha there is a reason that I did not go foriegn speaking. Its bad. BUT i know how to pray in spanish now! so thats kind of a big deal! So this next miracle is a miracle and a half! We were in a lesson about the word of wisdom with one of their investigators and we must have done something right cause he got strait up after the lesson and handed me his coffee box! hahah i've taken away many cigarette boxes but a whole coffe box..that's a first!
  
Heading back to my area was kinda depressing cause we went strait back to finding and finding some more. it's moments like this that you just got to step back and enjoy what you do have. The more you focus on what you dont have the harder the work gets. "Men are that they might have joy" (new favorite scripture) its amazing how when im happy I see miracles. When I'm down I see nothing. We can always choose to be happy reguardless of our circumstances!
  
SO second miracle. We have been really praying for a new investigator and I wanted to fast. Sister Johnson has a problem fasting but she decided to try it and I prayed that something would happen to build her testimony on fasting. So just this last sunday we fasted to find a new investogator and we soent a whole day looking. We were cold tired and wanted to go home and I said "ok sister one more house." We knocked on this apartment and the most adorable little girl answered the door. We have seen her mom before and she invited us in! We were trying sooo hard to get throught the restoration and her daughter kept stopping us EVERY 2 sentences and her mom was not being able to focus at all anyway. I shut the pamphlet and grabbed a book of mormon and opened up o the picture of moroni. I taught the little girl who Heavenly Father was and how to pray. As I looked up her mom was sobbing. Nataya(the little girl) says "mommie these girls are like angels". we gave her the book of mormon and her mom told us she slept with it last night! She cant read but she has been trying to get rid of her bad dreams and everytime she prays and sleeps with is she doesnt have bad dreams:) I promised her that that would happen. So now we have a new investigator and sister johnsons Testimony of fasting has definitely grown:) It was a wonderful week.
 
One more week until another transfer! So i will let you know next week what happens! If I end up training another missioanry I will email you on tuesday instead of monday. I love you all and hope all is well! I will pray and pray some more for you so keep your head up and always choose to be happy!:)
-sister scott

No comments:

Post a Comment